Disgusting bonds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohmygorgeous

Reaction score
Hi girls and guys
This is my first post so be gentle with me

I've been a hairdresser for 6 yrs but recently did a hair extensions course as well.
Last night was the first full head removal I've done that wasn't my own fitment.... It had been done by another extensionsist.
The bonds would not break down! I was using the remover and pliers over and over and it was a big sticky mess. The client had been told it was keratin bonds but I don't think it was.

The worst part..... Numerous bonds had been placed over the top of each other. I found loads with 2 and some with 3 prebonds on 1 tiny strand group :( how the girl isn't bald in places i don't know!

I feel your pain!!!

I had exactly the same with a client a couple of months back - took me 7 hours to remove all of the bonds and there was still loads of glue left in her hair - imagine my dismay when her sister booked an appointment the following week to have hers removed (fitted by the same person). I asked her to contact the extensionist to find out find glue she had used but, surprise surprise, she couldn't get in touch with her.

I too would love to find out what kind of glue it is so that I can make sure I have to correct remover in stock, just in case :lol:

Hi,

I don't remove or maintain other people's work.

I know of someone who did,and the client tried to sueue her for the mess the initial extensionist had made.And she didnt have a leg to stand on,really not worth the hassle.xx

I do remove other people's work as I find it a good way to get new clients that were clearly unhappy with the other extensionist and show them what a difference I can make. However I do make them sign a detailed form before. I have had some problems though, someone had what felt like wood glue in her hair, rings that stained hair, someone who left them in for 6 (!) months and other awful things. Also on this glue I find certain removers better, like the oily ones.

www.theextensionist.com

Latest posts

Back