dispersion layers..why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
One of my favourite clients asked me a couple of questions last night i hope you can help me with..the hardest one first (to me anyway!) was "why are most gels sticky apart from the intense seal you use?" I know its the tacky dispersion layer thats left after the full cure..but why doesnt the sealant (ibd) have it?? i'm guessing its because its a gloss and not a true gel (for sculpting) but then why does the brisa gloss have a tacky layer left then?

Next question was " Is cuticle oil or cuticle cream (balm etc) better for the natural nail?" i replied if the person has very dry cuticles then i would use both..oil first followed by cream..otherwise the oil as it would penetrate the skin more effectively (for normal cuticles).
I did use client speak to her and didnt use the proper term of eponychium BTW to confuse her!:lol: Maybe cuticle oils should now be called eponychium oils:) LOL, peeps wouldnt know where to put it:eek:

To be absolutely correct, the term for the sticky layer of gel is the 'inhibition layer'. (I know some companies teach dispersion layer but this is not actually the correct chemical definition of this layer.)

In any case, oxygen inhibits the full cure of a tiny layer of gel which needs to be wiped away before final finishing .. hence why it is called the inhibition layer.

Latest posts

Back