Display Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LElrington

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive just bought some nail wheels to display my colours on and try out some diferent nail art but Ive not done this before and need some advice...

Do I still need to apply base & top coat on display nails? I am using gelish soak-off polish.

Many thanks

I use Gelish on these too.

I just lightly file the surface, clean it and then apply 2 or 3 coats of colour depending on the shades used. I finish them with one coat of Top it off to add an extra gloss. I don't use any foundation on them as doesn't seem to need it.

They're only used as samples to show colour options particularly where I've layered colours. Some clients are wary of experimenting with different shades so these help them to see what can be achieved.

They don't suffer from any wear as such and so last well.

The only problem is when clients play with them on their fingers to see which shade they prefer and sometimes they break away from the central disk.

I'm thinking that in future, I might just paint nail tips on sticks, although I'm not sure how you would display them, when you have lots of them.

Latest posts

Back