disrespectful clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winky

Reaction score
I rent a space in a salon and a while back some of my clients ended up getting my personal phone number. This happened because i was going away for a few weeks and was having a tough time fitting everyone into my schedule. So i had to give some people my number in order to do some last minute scheduling after hours. The problem is that 3-4 of them have decided that's it's much more fun to call me personally every time they need an appointment. Since i'm not always at the salon and therefore can't see my bookings it means i have to call the salon then call the client back. I've tried politely telling them that it's easier to call the salon directly but they still call me. This especially happens when they need a last minute appointment and the receptionist tells them i'm fully booked. However, that's not the biggest problem. I have two clients who insist on calling me on my day off, even though they know it's my day off. One of them even called me today (Sunday) at 9pm! Talk about not respecting someone's privacy. Of course i don't answer but it still stresses me out because 1- i wonder what they want 2- it's rude. So my question is...how can i politely tell them not to call me, but to call the salon during normal business hours?

ps..i am working on getting a separate number for work which i will turn off after business hours. But i can't fully use it because the salon owner doesn't think i should be handling my own appointments (but that's another story..)

Quite simple, tell them it's pointless phoning you as you don't have the appt book so couldn't book them in if you wanted.

When I worked from home I used to get people calling me at all times, they had my home phone number so we had to answer it. My poor girls the number of times I'd be in the bath and they'd answer the phone and say there's someone who wants to make an appointment on the phone. I'd be all nice and smiley on the phone and then when I'd rung off I'd shout I DO HAVE A LIFE - it drove me mad!! In the end I told them when to phone and it worked.

Now my clients have my mobie number (I'm salon based) and I dont mind them calling me, if it's after 7 or on a Sunday I won't answer it, they soon get the message, no one calls me at funny times now. The only thing that bugs me is when they text to change an appointment, so now I text them and get them to call me back.

It can be a pain when clients call at awkward times, but as they are supposed to book through the salon, could you maybe change your Mobile number, I know its drastic but if they are not taking any notice when you ask them politely maybe this is what to do to get your privacy back.

Latest posts

Back