Distracting the eye

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Bod

Reaction score
Me again!

I have a new client on Friday and I attach a photo of her nails as they currently are.

She has returned to biting them following a stressful period at work and would like to try BL Smoothing with Shellac.

My question is what colours do you find work best to distract the eye from the red, bitten areas around the eponychium?

I'm looking forward to helping her out with these... :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382530563.626832.jpg

Nothing natural or pale.

All the autumn colours or anything bright and cheerful.

To me those nails need enhancements but you can try your luck ... If the colour distracts her from picking and biting, which often works, then great! try Shellac and smoothing gel and see how she gets on but those are seriously challenged nails.

Personally I'd use the Brisa lite sculpting gel and Shellac for a good few weeks to get over the hump and achieve some growth and then soak off and go on to Shellac.

Sorry me again! Lol!

My mum is a nurse, and she's not allowed ANY colour whatsoever, so she always has the complete BL smoothing application on its own (BL base/smoothing/topcoat) so as not to attract attention to them!

They are lovely, clear, shiny and most of all protected whilst they are growing out!

So maybe no colour to start off with?? Or if she was desperate, maybe a neutral or nude? xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry me again! Lol!

My mum is a nurse, and she's not allowed ANY colour whatsoever, so she always has the complete BL smoothing application on its own (BL base/smoothing/topcoat) so as not to attract attention to them!

They are lovely, clear, shiny and most of all protected whilst they are growing out!

So maybe no colour to start off with?? Or if she was desperate, maybe a neutral or nude? xx

Nail biters need a bright colour to act as a trigger to stop putting their fingers in their mouths. It is a trick that really works well and helps many to kick the habit. Pale colours do not distract them ... To natural ... And then are prone to pick.

Nail biters need a bright colour to act as a trigger to stop putting their fingers in their mouths. It is a trick that really works well and helps many to kick the habit. Pale colours do not distract them ... To natural ... And then are prone to pick.

Ah yeah good point! I think because I haven't really come across any severe nail biters, never thought of that!

Thanks geeg! x

Latest posts

Back