Distributors issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cro-mari

Reaction score
Hi, geeks,

I'm not sure whether is this the right forum to post to, coz the question is neither about nails, skin or hair specifically, but about distributors and ordering stuff. Annyhow, here it goes:

During time, let's say I heard about some gel and wax manufacturer here. And it's all oh the best and everyone is raving about lovely people that answer phones, educators, shows, which I don't doubt at all... I won't say which brands, but they really are very vell known here. And then I find their distributors in Croatia. Hu Hu! I thought, I can buy that stuff! But... took me a month to get someone to send me their price list and when I finally got it, they said - waxes aren't here yet, and won't be till the end of the month! And they did not have them month ago either!!?

And that nail company distributor. I want to attend their, not anyone elses, but their acrylic course. And I'm not asking about the price, I'll come, I'll pay. But... "The boss is not here, I don't know anything. Let me take a message". Then I leave the message and nothing for weeks. Then I call again, and then "The boss said, the course costs XY $, and I don't know anything else, we'll call you". And then I wait. And then nothing. Silence of the lambs.

And then I sent them to hell and went and bought from others.

I really didn't mean to whine or cry here for sympathy, but - what to do in such situations? I thought, does this manufacturer knows what is this distributor behaving like? And what would he say? There are distributors in neighbour countries, but why would I travel and pay much more or order with higher shipping when there are legitime distributors 20 km from me? Huh.

Thanks

Mmmmm....distributors need customers otherwise they cant operate...if they cant operate they cant earn money and lets be honest whats a business without money. So i don't think things like this happen on purpose...they must want your custom/money so i can only presume that there has been a mix up...it can happen. But I think if i was in your shoes i would ring/write again and ask to speak to someone in charge.

I would email the main company head office ... I mean the MAIN manufacturer, whether it be in the States or wherever. Tell them that you are having problems getting the service or the products you want.

Manufacturers will take this sort of complaint very seriously (I know CND would act on it immediately).

There of course can be problems when a distributor is new and maybe a shipment has not come in when they were expecting it etc etc ... happens all the time even to experienced distributors .. some things are not in ones own hands and it can be embarrassing but not ones fault.

Sadly many distributors just don't understand what good customer service is, but if you are not happy then contact the people who can do something about it and who should WANT to do something about it.

Thanks.
I'll give them a call again, and yes, maybe they really all went on hollidays and I don't know what excuse, ok, but if things don't change next month, I'm taking out my heavy guns (emails :green:).

I would email the main company head office ... I mean the MAIN manufacturer, whether it be in the States or wherever. Tell them that you are having problems getting the service or the products you want.

Manufacturers will take this sort of complaint very seriously (I know CND would act on it immediately).

There of course can be problems when a distributor is new and maybe a shipment has not come in when they were expecting it etc etc ... happens all the time even to experienced distributors .. some things are not in ones own hands and it can be embarrassing but not ones fault.

Sadly many distributors just don't understand what good customer service is, but if you are not happy then contact the people who can do something about it and who should WANT to do something about it.
yes, do what Geeg said..

But... on a side note I once had an issue with a distrib of a nail brand for my country, emailed the manufacturer a couple of times, and NEVER got any answer. (which can be quite an annoyance really)

Before emailing them tho, if I were you, and due to the fact that the distributor is in your country (not the case for my little story) I'd call again and would ask to speak to the boss directly, not in a pissed off voice but yeah, well.
and then when you have a "it doesn't work like that in here" you say then it's okay, I'll see with the brand itself, thank you.

we often have to deal with ppl from another country who want to buy from us instead of their distributor, and it is forbidden for us to do that, so keep that in mind too, going for a traning in another country can work, but then you may be annoyed to get the products too.

(and no I don't have any miracle idea to solve this issue)

Latest posts

Back