DIY Keratin treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happychick

Reaction score
Hiya, just stumbled across this forum looking for info on Keratin straightening, I was wondering if any of you ladies had any advice on this!

I've had a brazillian blow dry before in a salon and loved it but I can't afford to shell out £150 or more every three months! I've found some kits for doing it at home on the internet and was wondering if this is worth a go? Can it go badly wrong, is it too difficult? Is there a specific kit you would reccomend?

Thanks!!
x

Hiya hun,
No ones going to recommend for you to do a diy kit.
I don't do them, but I've read many threads on here about it going wrong for stylist, so I would imagine it could very easily go wrong for someone not trained.

Hiya, just stumbled across this forum looking for info on Keratin straightening, I was wondering if any of you ladies had any advice on this!

I've had a brazillian blow dry before in a salon and loved it but I can't afford to shell out £150 or more every three months! I've found some kits for doing it at home on the internet and was wondering if this is worth a go? Can it go badly wrong, is it too difficult? Is there a specific kit you would reccomend?

Thanks!!
x
Ispoke to a lady the other day who said she had bought one for £20. I'll say to you what I said to her, if it was that easy us hairdressers with lots of experience would do them dirt cheap. One of the first ones I did in August went horribly wrong, her hair is fried beyond repair, she was my model fir training on a new one I switched to, under the watchful eye of a trainer and we couldn't repair the damage 4 months later. If you're prepared for irreparable damage if it goes wrong then go for it. Unfortunately people think that hairdressers are just out to rip them off, we go through 5 years of training and even then we are learning everyday.

I can understand about the cost as yes it is expensive but is it worth the risk?

Ispoke to a lady the other day who said she had bought one for £20. I'll say to you what I said to her, if it was that easy us hairdressers with lots of experience would do them dirt cheap. One of the first ones I did in August went horribly wrong, her hair is fried beyond repair, she was my model fir training on a new one I switched to, under the watchful eye of a trainer and we couldn't repair the damage 4 months later. If you're prepared for irreparable damage if it goes wrong then go for it. Unfortunately people think that hairdressers are just out to rip them off, we go through 5 years of training and even then we are learning everyday.

I can understand about the cost as yes it is expensive but is it worth the risk?

Definitely not!

Thank you for your insight - I suspected that might be the case - I wouldn't dare attempting highlights or cutting my hair on my own but what I'd read about brazillian blow dries was suggesting it was nigh on impossible to do damage.

I'm very glad I checked!

x

Latest posts

Back