Do Buff-offs (IBD) lift if applied too thin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeycure

Reaction score
I'm currently playing with IBD's gel kit to use on myself. I just did a very thin layer of sculpts with it last night. I didn't build an apex or anything because I was planning on finishing it later today, so I didn't expect it to last, but I noticed that on 2 fingers it started lifting from the sides.

Was it just too thin or is there a problem with my application? It's my first time trying a buff off (I use soak off), so I just read the manual.

The principals of application are the same no matter what you use.

Did the gel 'run' a bit on curing and touch the sidewalls? Were the nails thoroughly dry in the sidewalls before you applied? Did you make sure you worked the gel onto the nail well along the sidewalls?

i use IBD & had a problem with lifting but used the great tips from prep tutorial on here, also remember to blot the bonder before curing & use the IBD lamp to cure the gel, HTH

The principals of application are the same no matter what you use.

Did the gel 'run' a bit on curing and touch the sidewalls? Were the nails thoroughly dry in the sidewalls before you applied? Did you make sure you worked the gel onto the nail well along the sidewalls?

Hmmm I don't remember it running. Actually, I felt that the gel was quite thick. I almost felt like I was using a builder gel. Come to think about it, I didn't work the gel into the sides because I was afraid that I would rub off the bonder or something, since it looked easy to rub off even after curing and slightly wiping off the excess bonder.

I tried those 2 fingers again last night, and so far they're looking good. Hope they don't start lifting again :/

Thanks for the advice!

i use IBD & had a problem with lifting but used the great tips from prep tutorial on here, also remember to blot the bonder before curing & use the IBD lamp to cure the gel, HTH

Is it possible that I wiped off too much of the bonder? I applied a bit more last night, and so far it's not giving me trouble.

Latest posts

Back