Do I need to offer Hollywood/Brazilian?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helb2112

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm a home beauty salon and have had a request for a Hollywood wax. I told the lady that in afraid I don't offer intimate waxing, but it's got me thinking. Would you say that it is important to offer in your salon ?

Hi
I don't offer Hollywoods and I still have plenty of waxing clients. On my price list I give prices for a 'standard' and a 'high cut' bikini line wax. This is usually all I get asked for. I have clients that range in age from 17 to 80+ in rural Somerset.
It may depend on your existing client base & location how much demand you would get, however if you advertise the service it may bring in new clients? Check out how much competition there would be for similar services & their pricing.
Like any new treatment the take up depends on how you market it.

Like you, I only offered regular waxing. I tried to persuade my daughter to train in intimate, but she wasn't interested. Very occasionally I was asked for it. I looked around where we are - very rural Leicestershire - and wondered if I would have a clientele. I thought probably not as no one else offered it either.
Over two years ago, I went for it. I told all my clients I was training in it, and had three bookings for the Saturday after I had trained.

I now do about 8 a week, and sometimes a lot more - at £30 a time. They take about 20 minutes, with minimum cost.

It's definitely worth it, but only if you actually want to do it!

Vic x

It's a market that increases yearly. For the foreseeable future I think this trend will continue.

It's quick, if you do it well they will return faithfully, I would lose a hell of a lot of revenue if we didn't offer it.

Rural location or not if you offer a quality service they will come.

It's also a good one for a home salon as I think the privacy of a home venue could be a draw in and of itself.

Equally though if you feel uncomfortable about the prospect, if you don't have a self assured manner & an unphased attitude about lots of nudity then this will probably transfer to the client & service. Ultimately it's not for everyone.

I trained in intimate waxing with Kim Lawless exactly a year ago tomorrow and now it's pretty much all I do. I'm a home salon too.

Now I'm getting loads of enquiries for male intimate so I'm off back to London in March to train with Jack Dunn.

You've got to feel 100% sure about doing it, get the best training you can afford and use top quality products. It's a treatment where you really don't want to skimp on costs.

It's the thing I do the most of. I do around 20/25 a week and maybe 1 or 2 bikini waxes.
I only charge £25 but at £625 a week in holkywoods I couldn't not!
My next popular thing after that is HD.

I did a generic intimate wax course and it was rubbish. I then trained with lycon and it was so so much better.

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm a home beauty salon and have had a request for a Hollywood wax. I told the lady that in afraid I don't offer intimate waxing, but it's got me thinking. Would you say that it is important to offer in your salon ?

As you're based on a small island, check to see if anyone else currently offers the service and find out if they're any good. Some people complete the generic courses offered by their local colleges but few seem to feel confident offering the service afterwards.

I'm not a beauty geek but I've read so many waxing threads on here to know that if you splash out and train with a reputable trainer such as Kim Lawless (or similar), you can set yourself up with a niche repeat business with minimal product costs. I think that's an important consideration because clients who want this service, pay for it year round and it can be a very handy source of cash flow during the traditionally quieter periods.

Thank you so much to everyone that has taken the time to reply. I was unsure if I could do it to be honest. But it does seem to be an increasingly popular treatment. I think I need to look into this and find a good local course.

Thanks again

I agree with the others. I too trained with Kim and now intimate is 90% of my business. There are a lot of people doing it not very well so once you get a good name you can really build up your business. Good technique and the best products are very important.

I did have a browse online to see who offers intimate waxing around my area and there are quite a few. You think Kim lawless is the only way, training wise?

I did have a browse online to see who offers intimate waxing around my area and there are quite a few. You think Kim lawless is the only way, training wise?
Highly recommended.

Before I trained I rang some of the salons near that said they did Brazilians. Some used non strip wax, some didn't, but none of them did front and back, they just did the front.

Call them and ask x

Highly recommended.

Before I trained I rang some of the salons near that said they did Brazilians. Some used non strip wax, some didn't, but none of them did front and back, they just did the front.

Call them and ask x

It crazy that salons don't do the bum, I just can't understand it :)

I second a vote for Kim, I traveled from Ireland to see her , and am going back to her again in a couple of weeks to do her male brazilian course. It's now my number one service item that i'm am well know for. Hysterically i have clients checking they have the right waxer by asking, "Are you the one that makes you stick your ass up in the air?" erh , yep thats me haha

It crazy that salons don't do the bum, I just can't understand it :)

I second a vote for Kim, I traveled from Ireland to see her , and am going back to her again in a couple of weeks to do her male brazilian course. It's now my number one service item that i'm am well know for. Hysterically i have clients checking they have the right waxer by asking, "Are you the one that makes you stick your ass up in the air?" erh , yep thats me haha
Love it! I'm getting a bit famous too, every time I go for a night out I see someone who's bits I've done! A lady in Tesco was looking at me the other day and then again in the next aisle and she said, you're the waxing lady aren't you?? Lol

It's when you recognise the growlers better than the faces x

Yes.

I did every local course possible in Northern Ireland and they don't hold a patch to Kims course

I took flights and booked hotel and was worth every penny and more

She is such an inspiration and the way she teaches is amazing

That was nearly 2 years ago and now morning to night I do Brazilians

It has transformed the business and I adore waxing

When I first considered it (im out in rural farming county) people said "ooo who would get that????"...

... lol fast forward on... those people are all now getting it

Latest posts

Back