Do not believe everything you're told :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eden_beauty

Reaction score
Hi Guys I would just like to say that after hearing on this site that after a shellac application I could use either non acetone remover or surgical spirit to remove tacky layer ( because i didnt have d-sperce) and having 2 clients shellac peel clean off I contacted cnd and was told under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should these be used....... PLEASE DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ and always contact sweet squared first!!

Its my own fault i know but i don't know how these ones are being told the wrong info and I am asking please please please do not post things like this unless you know for certain it is true. This is a warning to anyone thinking of using either of those products to remove inhibition layer as it will only strip the top coat off causing peeling and chipping!

Lisa

It also depends on who you want to believe. I know you were also told on that thread not to use non acetone remover as most of them have some acetone in them.

The problem on here is that people who use gels will assume that all gels are the same and some even suggested that you use Scrubfresh - this is also incorrect.

Believe the people who actually use the product and also follow the manufacturers instructions. The article on here which was written and linked to by Geeg, explained in great detail to use D-sperse or 99% isoporpyl alcohol.

Also if I could just jump on your thread - please dont always assume that your suppliers are trying to rip you off and only want to sell you stuff, this isnt always the case. Yes they want to sell you stuff but some are actually doing it to help you and have your best interests at heart, to help you get the best out of your chosen product.

It also depends on who you want to believe. I know you were also told on that thread not to use non acetone remover as most of them have some acetone in them.

The problem on here is that people who use gels will assume that all gels are the same and some even suggested that you use Scrubfresh - this is also incorrect.

Believe the people who actually use the product and also follow the manufacturers instructions. The article on here which was written and linked to by Geeg, explained in great detail to use D-sperse or 99% isoporpyl alcohol.

Also if I could just jump on your thread - please dont always assume that your suppliers are trying to rip you off and only want to sell you stuff, this isnt always the case. Yes they want to sell you stuff but some are actually doing it to help you and have your best interests at heart, to help you get the best out of your chosen product.

Totally agree. I remember that thread.

Well that is the mind set of many nail technicians, especially the uneducated ones .. tell them how to do things in the right way, the safe way, and the recommended way and they all think they know better and that there is some ulterior motive. Such is the cynical outlook of todays consumer.

I always look at things like this. CND has been at the top of the tree for more than 30 years .. they are not 'jonny come latelys' with no history .. they have not stayed at the top for all this time because they are liars, or greedy money grubbers etc. They have stayed at the top because they have integrity and wish the best for their customers with the best results. Everyone wins. We are all in business to win right? It's even called a win win ... great phrase.

Thanks ladies I completely agree yet when you're stressed about needing something as a substitute and a fellow therapist offers a solution that you have readily available you this YES!!! i'll try that!......let that be a lesson to me : )

For all those out there reading this about to buy Shellac please please please buy only what CND advise!

Lisa

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back