Do some just have a 'natural flair' for nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellpink

Reaction score
Im starting my CND foundation course on monday, I have done mani/pedi treatments on clients at college , so not a complete nail virgin, but never done nail enhancements on anyone.

I have NO idea how good Im going to be! I think Im pretty good at picking things up & learning, but I was just thinking, do you think some were born to do nails, so to speak, and others have to work harder at it?
Or is it just down to the training you have?
Would love to know what you geeks think:)..... x

I think some folks are just natural at some things whether it be nails or anything else....

Some have to work at it...but with the right training can do well....

Some are just not suited to something but might be a genius in other areas...

So in answer to your question... I think some people do indeed just have a natural ability to do nails...but it is usually someone who perhaps has a natural ability with their 'hands' as in artistic abilities, artisans...that type of thing... someone creative...

but that isn't to say if you are not like that you can't do nails!!!! Who knows... it helps if you can hold a brush correctly though :lol::lol::lol:

I honestly think you do have to "have it".....I have seen lots of nail techs pop up where i live and 6 months later they are never heard off again...To many people think its a easy was to earn a buck and they soon learn otherwise.

I have always loved intricate things....I love going round with a tiny paint brush to do all the edges when decorating a room....but hate painting large area's.

I love working on small things...with small things...that require detail and patients.

I knew I would love it and if you love it and you want it to work it will.

I think it depends on the person......i think some people do have the ability to be shown something and they just contiue to do the BEST !!!! ...........

Its not just nails ...all skills really.......the hard part is for THAT person to accept that traning is a very good point in helping them for the future......

As time goes by...things change and so do rules......for excample.....you have to have a certificate now to do electrics and plumbing.....

So yes ...i think some people pick things up better than others......just hope they all think the same and do the traning to help them learn more in the industry xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back