do you believe in marriage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
how many of you do and if you have been married before, would you marry again? i always thought i would never marry again as the first one was so disappointing and it really turned me against the whole idea. now years later i would marry my partner in a flash as he really is everything i have ever wanted. are you the marrying kind?

Noooo!! I think myself and my boyfriend are the only couple around atm who never ever want to marry! I just dont fancy the idea of it.

People find it so hard to understand, most don't believe me and then constantly ask me if I'm engaged yet! Drives me mad! Marriage doesn't really interest me at all, so many of my friends are engaged atm and I have put up with scouring wedding magazines with them and listening to every detail of what they've booked or what they want. One of my friends has already spent about £5000 on her dress and venue alone. I'm like "I could go on holiday about 5 times with that money!" :smack:

I think marriage is so hyped up this days, in most cases, it's lost it's meaning with younger couples. It's the 'in' thing for people as young as 14 to be getting engaged now:rolleyes:

I always wanted to be married, still want to til this day, would marry that jacka** if he ever came around. I wouldn't go for a big wedding, because to me all that is just for show, the wedding is not important, the marriage is. I wouldn't care if I got married on the street corner in the freezing cold. I was always taught that marriage is right in the eyes of God, and I believe that. If you are going to live together and play house, might as well make it legal, IMO, that's what I tell the guy I'm with but he don't seem to be buying it.

Just MY opinion ladies and gents....

well I always said I would never get married, the thought horrified me, all my life! Then when I met Mark I knew within weeks that I would marry him if he asked and I just knew it was right. We got married after 2 years and I love being married, I know it might sound sad but I adore my wedding ring and engagement ring as they symbolise our commitment, and Im always admiring them!

the wedding is not important, the marriage is. [/quote]
Totally agree hun, my wedding cost me £100 and that was my outfit, the church organist and a bunch of supermarket flowers. and a round of drinks.
We have been married ten years and are still solid. When we were married, we had no money and although my hubby offered to get a loan, I didnt want to start married life up to my eyeballs in debt. the first year of marriage is hard enough without adding money troubles. I have never regretted that decision and would do the same today. It was a wonderful beautiful day that i will never forget. why did it have to cost thousands?

i was married and couldnt wait to be married. we were togeather 13 yrs.
and only married for the last yr till i left.
now with presant partner i so wanted to get married again, that was 4yrs ago.
now im like why whats the point, id rather travel the world, but i cant him n the kids would wanna come lol.

i beleive in marriage but there are so many men who dont.

14th october is my big day, we have been togeather for 12 yrs and engaged for 7 so I think it is about time we did make our relationship official. A wedding really doesn't have to cost the earth, I'm having a church wedding and reception for about 80 peeps, which is just close family and friends, and I haven't gone over board on all the little extras which has helped. :)

I believe 2nd marriage is better for me - I knew exactly what I wanted - and my hubby is also my best friend. I think I got married too young first time round (I was 20)

Despite my divorce being finalised last June- the same month that I was Chief Bridesmaid at my sister's wedding- I do still believe in marriage.
Spending 10 years with the father of my 3 children and everything we put up with from him has taught me what I really want from a man and a marriage. I wont allow any of us to be treated the way that we were by him and have fortunately now been with a wonderful, caring, considerate man for the last year and a half.He also has his own 'experiences' behind him and is the type of man my boys can look to as a role model and my daughter loves him too.
So at 30 years old I don't think I'll dismiss marriage yet but I know what I want. I also see it as a commitment that doesn't need thousands of pounds wasted on it.My sister got married in a beautiful registry office last summer,in full wedding dress with bridesmaids.She had family and friends there and the reception was held at our parent's house with everybody mucking in and playing a part- we helped with food, friends did her hair and I did her makeup. With everyone playing a role we were all able to be involved. It cost hundreds of pounds instead of thousands!
So, just waiting for that proposal now...:o

I would love to get married one day. Apart from my grandparents there is no one in my family that has ever been married. They are all just happy to live with thier partners and if thats what works for them...great!

I have always believed that marriage was a sign of solidarity,commitment and love. That it was a joining of two people in the eyes of God forever. The actual wedding ideally would be dream come true, however that is not the mot important part for me.

Ms.Matrix said:
still want to til this day, would marry that jacka** if he ever came around.

Don't you dare or I'll excommunicate you!

You just know if it feels right for you and when I met my OH it felt sooooooo right ( been married 6 years in June). :D

The first time I got married it was to my 'first proper boyfriend' from school - Stephen. I was 25 and Haydn (our son) was 2 and a bit. At that point I had known Stephen for 12 years and marrying the father of my son was like putting on an old pair of comfortable slippers - it felt comfortable and right and I thought it was the right thing to do. Beautiful wedding at the Devonshire Arms up in Yorkshire - the usual story. I was miserable!! I left him Sept 1997 and had no intention of marrying again... it was Haydn and I against the world!!

In January 1998 I met Samuel Sweet and in 3 days I fell in love and knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. We have been married for 7 years and together 8. ALL my family have been divorced and married again... we all seem to get it right the second time around!!

My brother (at 30) will get married for the first time in June. Let's hope that he can be the first one among us to get it right the FIRST time around!! :Love:

Well personally I needed to be married I met Ade when I was 19 and we have been together ever since. Marriage aint always easy and sometimes things can be tough but aint life like that anyway, I wouldn't change anything and to lose ade would be like losing a limb after all these years. We are still like 2 teens we have fun and laughs and have become more in love each year.

I've been married 16 yrs next month. Actually - that's just shocked me i'd never thought i'd get that far!!!

My hubby & i are like soul mates tho, i've had other engagements but Mark was different to all the others. We are so alike. He's made me laugh since the first time i met him & i'm still laughing. Also we have great conversations, we've never been stuck for things to say to each other - even when we're out in the pub, we're not sat staring into our respective drinks, we're usually having a deep conversation about something!

We have our moments of communication breakdowns & stuff & kids getting us down but he's not a bad 'un! I think i'll keep him a bit longer - he's pretty nifty with an iron! And not a bad cook either.:D

Rob and i have been together for 13 years and we are still b/f and g/f and i like it that way....i cant get my head round being anybodies "wife"....thing that scares me is we have know couples that have been together for years and been really happy...then they get married and within 6 months they are arguing..dunno why..it just changed things. Now i know this isn't the case for everyone, but i think if it ain't broke why fix it.

I quite like being his "bird"....lol xx

I've been married nearly three years now.

Met hubby at age 17, bought house together at 20, got engaged at 23 and married at 29.

I always wanted to get married but I knew we were too young and knew we couldn't afford it anyway.

Eventually had a small wedding at a Castle near Perth then to Dunkeld for the receiption.

It was a lovely wedding and didn't cost the earth.

I do believe in marriage but I also think each to their own. You can't force couples into getting married if they don't want too.

But I must say if you live together and have children you must ensure that you both have Wills etc as it can get messey if something unfortunate happens.

I love weddings - had a wedding makeup trial this morning and I just get so excited for everyone else now.

Sassy Hassy said:
Don't you dare or I'll excommunicate you!

PMSL!!

Hmmm.... marriage. Dont know really, I've lived alone for most of my life. So, the thought of having to compromise scares me!
At the moment, I can happily come through my door with loads of high street shopping bags without anyone questioning it, can eat, drink, sleep when I like, soooo, it would be a tough one for me.

Guess I'd like to try it before I am old and too grey though...

I have 6 sisters and they are ALL married, I'm the only sinner, LMAO!

Anthony and I got married last September, we have known each other since we were 15 (we were going out together at school but foolishly i ended things!!).

We now have a beautiful baby girl who is 13 weeks old today!

If any of you want to see a few wedding pics click on the link below (please bear in mind i was 6 months pregnant at the time!) -

Looking at the pics, i have them on a slide show on my computer screen saver, i see them every day and i would marry him over and over again!!

www.insteadofmakep.com/wedding.htm

Latest posts

Back