do you blend the new cnd performance tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 17140

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
i have bought the new performance tips , does any one know how to apply for best results, do you blend them or just apply product straight over?:)

i haven't used them as yet but would guess that removing the shine at least would be required. x

You do not have to blend the tips at all. AND the shine has already been removed for you.

They are very thin and you apply them with a thin adhesive such as SpeedBond, not GelBond. They have no well so you place them where ever you want with no need for pretailoring. What could be easier?

They are available in both natural and French white.

i just go over them with my white block buffer x

i just go over them with my white block buffer x

This is not a bad idea as a precaution in case you have put any oil on the surface thru handling; If you haven't, then there is no need even to do this.

But then i suppose the oil will wipe off when i scrub fresh won't it? so i won't need to white block the tips??

But then i suppose the oil will wipe off when i scrub fresh won't it? so i won't need to white block the tips??

Normally I would not use ScrubFresh on a tip`as it is liable to cause it to crack. Unless you know something I don't know about these tips, which is perfectly possible.

well i don't think i do lol i don't think its possible to know something you don't know geeg :lol:

When i scrubfresh i scrub the nail and drag it over the tip, i've never had it crack the tip before tho???

well i don't think i do lol i don't think its possible to know something you don't know geeg :lol:

When i scrubfresh i scrub the nail and drag it over the tip, i've never had it crack the tip before tho???

If you use the recommended amount of ScrubFresh i.e. just damp you may get away with it ... you obviously are ... but wetting any nail tip with ScrubFresh will crack the tip or at least degrade it. These new tips are very thin, so be careful if you do this.

ok thanks geeg i haven't bought any yet i just tried them on my fibre glass course the other week xx

Thanks for all the advice, with the natural , is there only so far up the nail you can place for asthetic reasons?, as you would see the tip through the acrylic, i presume they are no good for really short nails, nail biters etc

Thanks for all the advice, with the natural , is there only so far up the nail you can place for asthetic reasons?, as you would see the tip through the acrylic, i presume they are no good for really short nails, nail biters etc

you place it near the free edge, the wells are already cut out and tips are blended, they are fine for any nails you still get the same affect just no blending for you to do hun xx

I haven't used these tips but I have used other well less tips and I would say that if using on a nail biter you will need to fully blend or you will get a shadow under your product.

In my experience, for clients with normal nails and beds, I apply well less tips as close to the edge of the free edge as possible, a slither is all you need, but you really do need to watch the angle you are putting them on at, remember, there is no well to but up to the natural free edge so if you're not careful, your lower arch could be well out!

I have tried them a few times only on decent nails and i didnt find them as easy to apply, just as you said you need to watch the angle, when i have put them higher up for shorter nails the angle isnt right, and blending i find tricky with these as i have broken a couple making them too thin.

I haven't used these tips but I have used other well less tips and I would say that if using on a nail biter you will need to fully blend or you will get a shadow under your product.

In my experience, for clients with normal nails and beds, I apply well less tips as close to the edge of the free edge as possible, a slither is all you need, but you really do need to watch the angle you are putting them on at, remember, there is no well to but up to the natural free edge so if you're not careful, your lower arch could be well out!

if the nails are short you wouldn't get a shadow would you where do you get a shadow on the nail bed or do you mean you can see abit of free edge through the tip?? does that make any sense :lol:

When i use these tips on nail biters i use a 50/50 mix of flawless pink powder and intense pink powder
this way you can make there nail bed appear longer as you cant see through the acrylic

if the nails are short you wouldn't get a shadow would you where do you get a shadow on the nail bed or do you mean you can see abit of free edge through the tip?? does that make any sense :lol:
I mean it depends on how far down the bed you are placing the tip as compared to where you are placing your white....unless you are custom blending of course.

If you are just placing your white over the smile of the tip no problem no blending!

Thanks for that tip, have used flawless pink on my mum to hide imperfections, never thought to use to hide shadow of a tip! Guess that comes with experience, i am learning new things every day.

I mean it depends on how far down the bed you are placing the tip as compared to where you are placing your white....unless you are custom blending of course.

If you are just placing your white over the smile of the tip no problem no blending!

i get ya hun lol sorry had a funny moment then :lol:

help!
How do i put a quote in my reply so you can tell who i am replying to? I ts all a bit too technical for me , thanks.:confused:

Latest posts

Back