Do you buy yourself Christmas presents?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyCat

Reaction score
I was chatting to my friend the other day and she told me how she buys herself Christmas presents, wraps them up and puts them under the tree to open on Christmas day...I thought this was most bizarre, but I started to think that I might do this too!

Do any of you do this?

I dont but my fiance does! Last year he bought himself a 3D surround sound system for the tv, wrapped it up and put it under the tree with his name on. He is such a big kid haha :) this year he has bought himself some blu rays but ive wrapped them for him :) x

im starting to think i should lol..that way i wont be disappointed on christmas day when my other half buys me everything that wasnt on a list x

Have bought myself quite afew presents this year! Although its often while shopping for others and I dont wrap it... Or even wait til xmas day for it ;) haha think I have a problem when it comes to spending! Xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

We normally buy an indulgent present for the house, separate from anything else. For example Sky TV or surround sound. We have just bought our very first dishwasher, so I suppose I would count that as it's not a necessity and feels quite indulgent!

I'm desperate for a new laptop though.

I do this every year as once you turn 18 in our family you don't really get presents.
There's too many children to buy for, so if you start adding adults as well, you'd be spending a fortune !!

If any of the family cars need work, my dad will foot the bill & you don't get a present, last year my car was ok so I got £100 cash, this year I needed a new exhaust, so won't be getting any present from my parents.
1 of my sisters will get me a DVD/cd from her & her kids & I'll get smellies from my best friend .... Therefore only 2 presents to open.

So a few years ago I started to buy myself presents, wrap them up & not open until Christmas day.
This year I'll be getting:
2nd hand iPad (can't afford a new 1)
Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb
& anything I might buy during my shopping trip to Liverpool tomorrow !!

i did when i split up with my ex, i bought new boobies on 23 dec few years ago so i even got out of cooking crimbo dinner aswell double wammy

I buy myself christmas presents all year round :p

Hubby is buying himself a BMW convertible. He won't be wrapping it though! ;)

Each Christmas, I try my hardest NOT to buy myself prezzies but it never happens. Just this week I bought myself a crocodile handbag. :eek:

I didn't wrap it and put it under the tree, though. I immediately transfered all my stuff from my current handbag into my new Christmas Crocodile. ;)

Just been buying some juicy couture earrings for myself then came on here and seen this thread! Haha so I guess the answer is yes.
Mind I'm with pink swoon I'm always treating myself ;-) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I've never done it but I should start.
My memory is so bad that I'd forget what I'd bought so I'd be doubly excited opening my pressies on xmas morning!

Yes yes yes haha and I'm getting worse, I've done most if my shopping online this year so I haven't splurged on myself as much but I love treating myself, I defo buy me the best gifts :D x

Great thread girls don't normally though think I might start sounds fun xcx

bought myself a bottle of Tom Ford perfume for christmas since OH looked at the price and said **** *** ****!!! was also going to treat myself to some slinky new silkies so i look fab as well as smell it but PMS kicking in so maybe one of those JML stretchy Belvita bra thingys would be better for my girls x

I'll often spend a bit more on myself during December and think 'Well.. it is Christmas!' but I never wrap anything up and put it under the tree! xx

i always go christmas shopping and end up buying more for myself than anyone else! although this year iv only really bought 2 xmas cardigans, pair of heels and last week i had to pay out for an unexpected puncture and had to get a new tyre so i guess thats my xmas present!xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

I bought myself 5 bottles of Gelish, does that count? lol

After reading this I've actually just bought myself an iPad... Whoops ;) not sure I'll be wrapping it up though! X

No but i always get my self pjs for the night before Christmas

Latest posts

Back