Do you charge more to sculpt?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
As the title says really. Just wondering if you charge more to sculpt nails? Jo xx

I don't because I prefer to do it and don't feel like I use more product. Good quality tips aren't cheap either so I think it evens out personally. What about you?

I charge the same for tips as sculpts, in fact I find sculpting much quicker and easier than fiddling around with tips.
Diane x

I charge the same for tips as sculpts, in fact I find sculpting much quicker and easier than fiddling around with tips.
Diane x

Same! I prefer sculpting!

No I don't charge more to sculpt - why should the client pay more or less just because I feel like sculpting or tipping? I so the best job I can for each and every client, how I do that is up to me and I don't see how I could put a premium on one service over another......

Hth's

Thanks lovely people. I don't charge extra at the moment was just curious if anyone else did. I'm making up some new price lists & have gathered a few from different salons & many do charge more x

I charge slightly more for sculpting. Although it is a cheaper service as there is no cost of tips I see it as a more skilled service and locally the prices are more.

x

A salon in my area charges £32 for tips and £48 for sculpts! :O really don't understand why, you don't use anything different just takes a bit more time! I personally wouldn't charge more x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I don't charge more and it certainly is not worth more to the client or to the technician. I do not see it as a more skilled service at all and judging by most of the sculpted nails I see from day to day, they would look better if they had been tip and overlay :lol:

Why do some think that because they have not used a tip that sculpting is somehow 'better' or takes more talent to do? One is using all the exact same skills that it takes to do a tip and overlay apart from applying a tip first. No big deal! There seems to be an unfounded snobbery among some technicians whereby they feel they are somehow a cut above the rest if they sculpt rather than tip. Ridiculous imho. People who charge more for sculpting are just cashing in on that snobbery.

I don't charge more and it certainly is not worth more to the client or to the technician. I do not see it as a more skilled service at all and judging by most of the sculpted nails I see from day to day, they would look better if they had been tip and overlay :lol:

Why do some think that because they have not used a tip that sculpting is somehow 'better' or takes more talent to do? One is using all the exact same skills that it takes to do a tip and overlay apart from applying a tip first. No big deal! There seems to be an unfounded snobbery among some technicians whereby they feel they are somehow a cut above the rest if they sculpt rather than tip. Ridiculous imho. People who charge more for sculpting are just cashing in on that snobbery.

My productcost is lower when i sculpt, so if the nail-form is OK to sculpt, i do;)
That is 98% of the nails i do ....

I charge extra for pink and whites/nail art/rockstars but don't alter the price for the sculpting or tips xx

I do both tipped and sculptured. I think that in actual fact sculptured is easier, no real time taken to file and cut tips etc and less cost on products so whilst I personally think sculpting is faster and cheaper I do charge extra but only £2 the only reason for this is that all my competition charge (on average) £20-27 for tipped and a whopping £35-40 for sculptured.

Latest posts

Back