Do you count your lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
Hi
I've just started doing individual lashes. My boss wants me to count how many I am using. As soon as I have finished a set he insisted on knowing how many I've put in so he can add up the cost. I haven't been counting as I am concentrating on the treatment and sort of zone out also I drop some which hopefully with more experience won't happen as much, plus every treatment will be different and I will use a different quantity. He does understand even if I give him a rough estimate he wants the actual figure.
Should I get into the habit of counting how many I use?

If your boss is asking you to then yes, otherwise no lol. As you said the boss is trying to calculate costs if you don't do it the other option is the boss stand there and count, would you prefer that or do it yourself?

Thank you surf girl. I think where I am concentrating so much on getting treatment right I have been applying lashes to my models untill they seem full enough. Think I'll have to count at the end of application, I'll lose count otherwise lol.

Well yea they've gotta look right you can't only do 27 lashes no more no less because it doesn't work like that but a rough estimate of say 30 will be what the boss is after (I have no clue how many you'd actually use lol)

I'm sorry it is not possible for you to count! That's crazy. I would never expect my staff the count how many lashes. Even more so as they should be applying over 50 lashes to each eye! I would rather there treatment be good rather than worrying about counting.

I would just see at the end of treatment, roughly how many strips of lashes you use within a treatment. Then you can work out cost from there.
I would say roughly lashes cost £5 to do a treatment. It's one of the largest profit treatments. Your paying for your time more than anything x

Latest posts

Back