Do you ever get frustrated with people thinking colour is so simple?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lea2721

Reaction score
Its really started to grate on me , i have two friends who are sisters and they seem to think everything i tell them is a load of rubbish and always do the opisit they dont actually say its rubbish but i can just tell by there face they think im just making it up and that they actually think hairdressing is simple easy and ita just something you do if you have no other options,
For example she had red hair wanted to go back brown i said wash as much out etc explained the science behind what she go do buy a box dye then complains its still red,
Then her sister had bleach blonde hair got a box dye red its taken on the roots and guess what its lighter on her ends , i said theres no pint reapplying on ends as wont make no diffrence explained to her and still doea not belive me,
I know i should ignore them i do to a certain extent but really annoys me that people can think hairdressing is easy , they want to try read all my colouring theory and try work in a salon all day ,
Sorry for the essay just really getting to me ! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Don't let it get to you, they look tits and its their choice xoxo

Don't let it get to you, they look tits and its their choice xoxo

Yea true lol i do think that but just annoys me how some people view hairdressing x

Yea true lol i do think that but just annoys me how some people view hairdressing x

There's a lot who think I'm so stupid its amazing I know how to breathe because I'm a hairdresser and
I'm blonde.
I just baffle them with science, facts that are so useless you will never use them (make them think I'm so clever I know things I don't need to) and my employment history of being a hairdresser from 13 (training at weekends but still actually working at it), sales assistant at 16, supervisor at 17, assistant manager at 18 for 2 months then manager at the same store until we were made redundant and supervisor again at 19,
Visual merchandiser at 20, and running my own business at 21 along side full time supervisor ad visual merch. Now let them think I'm thick :p xoxo

There's a lot who think I'm so stupid its amazing I know how to breathe because I'm a hairdresser and
I'm blonde.
I just baffle them with science, facts that are so useless you will never use them (make them think I'm so clever I know things I don't need to) and my employment history of being a hairdresser from 13 (training at weekends but still actually working at it), sales assistant at 16, supervisor at 17, assistant manager at 18 for 2 months then manager at the same store until we were made redundant and supervisor again at 19,
Visual merchandiser at 20, and running my own business at 21 along side full time supervisor ad visual merch. Now let them think I'm thick :p xoxo

Lol cant wait till i can add stuff like that to my cv :) xx

Lol cant wait till i can add stuff like that to my cv :) xx

You don't really want to, if I were to look at a cv with so much on it I would be dubious as to why the person didn't stick to one position for very long. Xoxo

You don't really want to, if I were to look at a cv with so much on it I would be dubious as to why the person didn't stick to one position for very long. Xoxo

Hmm yes maybe xx

It annoys me too most people think we drive round in little cars ( you know when someone sees a car and calls it a hairdressers car ) what ?
people also need to understand we have a lot of knowledge and can hold a conversation which consists more of " are you going on your holidays this year "
we are stereotyped , besides i am a brunette lol xx;)

It annoys me too most people think we drive round in little cars ( you know when someone sees a car and calls it a hairdressers car ) what ?
people also need to understand we have a lot of knowledge and can hold a conversation which consists more of " are you going on your holidays this year "
we are stereotyped , besides i am a brunette lol xx;)

The mini my oh calls a hairdressers car xoxo

The mini my oh calls a hairdressers car xoxo

Mazda MX5 - I actually do really like the car though! Just need to be able to afford one! lol!

I was doing some friend's hair the other week and they were amazed when I started explaining about undertones and peroxide strengths and all that jazz. They were like "oh my god, it's like actual sciencey!" o_o

I used to have a friend I went to college with, she dropped out half way through and worked in a bar, she used to advise people on their hair and say what I was saying was wrong! I finished college, got my nvq and worked in a salon! I told her she didn't know what she was talking about so shut it! Lol x

My former boss who did hairdressing use to recommend xxl live colours to clients if the wanted to go blonde or red ect(grrrr) and use to do full restyle in 10mins In thick hair fair to say it wasn't done properly but she thought because she did hairdressing ten years ago she knew every thing. And I also had cousins who did two months training in hairdressers and suddenly they was giving advice on how to colour hair with no knowledge to back it up so I know how you feel x <3

My former boss who did hairdressing use to recommend xxl live colours to clients if the wanted to go blonde or red ect(grrrr) and use to do full restyle in 10mins In thick hair fair to say it wasn't done properly but she thought because she did hairdressing ten years ago she knew every thing. And I also had cousins who did two months training in hairdressers and suddenly they was giving advice on how to colour hair with no knowledge to back it up so I know how you feel x

You've both put the exact same post?! Lol x

I dont know why its done that lol x

I agree Lea, Hairdressing isn't for the faint hearted. Its like any other trade, you go to college to study and after passing some exams etc you get a certificate to say you are now qualified in the profession.

Everything you might learn at college might not be enough to bring onto a salon floor, but that's when the learning really begins and you can get down to the nitty gritty and become the stylist you want to be!

Same as being a mechanic, a joiner, a builder or any other trade.

If a mechanic told your friend not to do something to his/her car because it won't fix the problem, would they waste their time and do it anyway?... Probably not!

Its just how people think, don't get too upset about it :)

Latest posts

Back