Do you have salon or just treatment insurance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
As of tomorrow I will have my own room/salon which is not within another salon so I'm all on my own!:)

At present I just have the basic treatment insurance from Professional Beauty but I'm wondering whether to go for the new full salon insurance to cover all my stock etc. How many of you who rent rooms hold the full salon insurance or have stuck with the basic one?

Sorry not sure about that but its very exciting i would love my own plac - good luck.

I work from home so my situation is a bit different. I have house and contents insurance which will cover anything in the salon rooms such as damaged flooring/broken windows. It doesn't cover any contents in the room though.

Then I have a separate policy for treatment/liability insurance. I should aslo have insurance on my stock and equipment as it's not covered under the household policy.

When I started out though, I hadn't spent a lot on equipment and didn't have much stock, so I decided not to get this insurance. The way I see it, I would be paying just as much in insurance each year as it would cost me to replace everything if I had to. It wasn't worth it to me then.

Things have changed now though, I have much more equipment and stock, so I should probably look into getting stock insurance now.

I have insurance for both, and am home based.
When I started I had minimal stock and equipment. Every 6 months they send me a form I can fill out to check my coverage level for stock/equipment, so I vary it if necessary ( like when I got in my skincare range).
I didn't take out cover for window breakages, because I think that's more for salons/shops.

I don't think it's theft that you really need to worry about, but imagine someone broke in and ransacked the salon, you would have to spend thousands to restock.

:)
As of tomorrow I will have my own room/salon which is not within another salon so I'm all on my own!:)

At present I just have the basic treatment insurance from Professional Beauty but I'm wondering whether to go for the new full salon insurance to cover all my stock etc. How many of you who rent rooms hold the full salon insurance or have stuck with the basic one?

how exciting,:), im not sure about the full salon insurance, but if i was gonna do this i would still have my normal treatment insurance pluss some kind of contents insurance.
any way good luck hun i hope every thing goes great for you:hug:,
i have just been given the same opertunity but we are still in talks about it.
if you didnt mind i would love to pm you for a chat:), and im sure you could help me out with a few questions i have:),
xxx

Hi Debs,

You would need your 'Professional' insurance PLUS a 'Premises' insurance as well! The one that I had cost me around £35.00 a month (it pays to shop around...) which included liability insurance as well...was never THAT concerned about thing getting stolen, more concerned about someone's 5 yr old pulling down a shelving unit.....

Stuff the stuff, but if someone gets injured on your property you could be in deep trouble.
Your professional insurance covers you for something that might happen regarding the treatment but doesn't insure you for when someone slips on the leftovers of a broken bottle of nail oil that wasn't cleaned up thoroughly enough:eek:

Better safe than sorry!

:hug:
Good luck
xx

Last edited:
If you are leasing premises yourself, check your lease.
In my lease I have to be insured for 10 million (or they can void my lease).
I have taken out insurance that covers public liability, service and premises.

you have to have public liability this has nothing to do with your stock or treatments it is to cover anyone walking into your premises, it also has to be on display. Good luck with it all its a really exciting time isn't it? I wish i could recapture the excitment and enthusiasm i had when i first opened. I think i must be going through a mid life crisis

Latest posts

Back