Do you need nvq for decleor/dermalogica?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodipodi

Reaction score
Hiya skin geeks, this one might sound like a bit of a duh:smack: question but I dont know how this side of the beauty industry works so here goes....to those of you who have done any training with decleor/dermalogica or any such company that provides free training with the purchase of product line... Im wondering if you need to have an nvq in beauty in order for you to do the free training with them and get an account/ Or does it work in the same way as some of the nail product training where you dont need a prior course to be trained by them ?
Thanks in advance xx

You have to either be trained or in training at college for facials as there are some professional ranges so you need to have some skills with facials.I dont think it matters if you have an NVQ or Diploma though. Thats for Dermalogica not sure about the other tho hun sorry.

Ahh right thanks alot hun , so if I did a facial treatments course at college, maybe a short course, think its about 16wks or something, then do you think this would be adequate -think its a city and guilds xx

This may be acceptable to some ranges but others will insist on an NVQ3 or equivalent qualification.

Thank you Debs, so maybe not the best idea to do a course like that then. Its simply because Ive spent the last two years training and really dont want to do a full level3 in beauty just to do facials. Saying this thought Im starting to have second thoughts when I weigh up the start up costs for some of these companies its maybe not worth it just for facials. xx

Latest posts

Back