Do you prefer digital or analogue wax pots?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlawlessBeauty

Reaction score
Hiya Geeks,

As the title says, do you prefer digital or analogue wax pots?

I'm going to be purchasing two new pots soon and i can't decide what to go for. On one hand, it is generally the opinion that digital pots are more reliable but on the other hand analogue pots can be used with a timer plug.

thanks in advance :hug:

You can use certain digitals with a timer.

The ones I have look like traditional 'jug' style wax pots - big handle at the side and lid on top but I also have the hive one. The jug style just has an on switch so can be used with a timer. The hive one has to be turned on then set so can't be used with a timer.

They both have a fast heat function but this is my second hive and it looks awful as the lid is split and cracked just like my last hive.

I'm planning to replace with the jug style ASAP.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for that. Would you be able to show me what you mean by the jug style pot, or where i could look it up?

I've been using a digital double pot by hive which was great, but simply needs replacing. I had trouble with a few of their single analogue pots though. There would be a telltale crackle and flickering of the on/off light and that would be it, the heater would stop heating.

I've been tempted to go for two of the single hive digital wax pots, but i would welcome recommendations xx

I have 2 digital hive wax heaters, which I find great but both lids have cracked due to heat. it's a design fault in them .

You can buy replacement lids, Kim Lawless had a link on her facebook page to them, they are quite reasonable but I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before they crack again

perron Rigot have digital wax heaters , and they can also be used with digital timers , they don't come with lids though that is the only thing that has stopped me buying them :)

That's interesting Noreen, my double heater lid hasn't cracked at all. I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks Squidgernetball. I see what you mean now. My single hive pot looks like that one.

I have 2 digital hive wax heaters, which I find great but both lids have cracked due to heat. it's a design fault in them .

You can buy replacement lids, Kim Lawless had a link on her facebook page to them, they are quite reasonable but I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before they crack again

perron Rigot have digital wax heaters , and they can also be used with digital timers , they don't come with lids though that is the only thing that has stopped me buying them :)

My hive dual wax heater lid cracked too within 3 weeks 😟 I'm salon based and it was left on the same trolley constantly so it must bea heat issue.

Sent from my SM-T230 using SalonGeek mobile app

Please can you email Hive about lids cracking because they all do, I've had 3 and they all cracked. Hive kindly sent me new lids but said they hadn't heard of the problem before.

Being mobile I opted for digital heaters as there is no chance of the setting getting changed while being packed or unpacked (I have a small analouge heater for eyebrow waxing and this has been knocked during transport which meant the wax got too hot when plugged in at the clients house - as I hadn't checked the setting & this meant waiting ages for the wax to cool before doing the treatment - luckily for me it was a friend so we just had our catch up before I did her brows instead of after).

I love my large digital heaters, I got them from Deo as at the time they were on sale at a really fantastic price and I couldn't justify paying more.

They are jug style & can be used with a timer & they return to the last temperature they were used at automatically (which is a great timesaver when your mobile too), they have a fast heat setting if needed & a locking lid for when I'm transporting them (I also use Perron Rigot tins with lids on to have a good seal on my wax for transporting). No issue with my lid cracking but being mobile I don't have it set up & turned on for long periods of time like you would in a salon.

These are the ones I have:
Deo Digital Wax Heater 1000cc

Please can you email Hive about lids cracking because they all do, I've had 3 and they all cracked. Hive kindly sent me new lids but said they hadn't heard of the problem before.

I was also told that they had never heard of this problem, definitely will email them.

This in interesting. I have a Hive single digital wax pot and my lid cracked too. I'm looking into buying a double digital wax heater (save space on my trolley) but I could never get a good working temp for strip wax, hot wax was ok. What temp does everyone use for strip wax, u currently use ABC Creme wax?x

My salon system tea tree strip wax is approximately 58. My euro blonde non strip is 54 xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back