Do you prefer to use Lava Shells, Stones or Hands for your massages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanettes

Reaction score
Hi, Thinking of doing Lava Shells (have exprerienced the treatment and enjoyed it) but am thinking from a therapist point of view as to whether it is as or more enjoyable for you to do?
JES

Hot stones have got to be my favourite every time. Luckily most of my clients love them too so I get to use them a lot. I've heard about lava shells and would be interested to hear what you think if you do the course.

their is a lengthy discussion on here already about lava shells so use the search option to locate it.

I use hot stones and it truly is a deluxe version of massage. I use my hands, forearms, elbows, etc for different styles of massage.

I use bamboo to massage with.

I use seashells - not lava shells to massage with.

I like all of them for different reasons.

Thanks for both replies - silly me forgot to search beforehand this time! x

Hi,

I have done both hot stone training (about 6 years ago) and Lava shell training about 15 months ago, and I have to say that Lava shells are my favourite...the concept is so simple but it totally works and provides ease of use for the therapist ( I do abit of mobile work and you definately can't do stones mobile) and a totally relaxing treatment for the client without constantly breaking contact to "find" stones in the heater. The shells stay hot for an hour and once you have grasped the heat control (doesnt take long and they go through it in loads of detail on the course) it is amazing, I really enjoy doing the Lava shell treatment, and have had very positive feedback from clients. They have recently launched the cold shells now, and provide a detox massage course, which sounds very interesting, I am looking to do this once I have some spare pennies!
Hope this info helps...

Latest posts

Back