Do You Set Yourself Targets?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Freckles~

Reaction score
evening all!

do you set yourself targets on how much money you would like to make?

i have never really done this but after talking with a friend who is also in this industry i am now going to set myself monthly targets and try to stick to them!!

my friend has done since she started her mobile business, she worked out how much she would need to make each month to cover bills and stuff. she explained that it really motivated her to encourage clients to book more treatments and also helps her to push her retail items!

so....do any of you do this??

Most definitely! I do a profit forecast every year (although i didn't this year for reasons I won't bore you with) and it makes me push harder to get more clients and get them to have other treatments with me. It comes from my sales background, nothing more rewarding than smashing your targets ... only trouble is they then get bigger and bigger ... but then so does your salary!

we do this at work,
we have projected targets, that is clients already booked in,
then we apply a " push" which is extra clients booking last minute or product sales, or the available slots worth,
then that gives us our target, to acheive,
sometimes we do it sometimes we dont,
but its nice to see how much you could earn, if you filled all slots up that are available, makes you really retail too, if you only need another tenner to beat the target!!
i think its a good idea, gives you motivation
its different if your a one man band though, but in our salon we have prizes for the most sales or most services or whatever , but they are acheivable,
i understand its different being mobile or self employed etc

Latest posts

Back