do you think you're good enough ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm, i'm thinking now, i did my training in jan and have also been back for a 1 2 1 both times i am asked why i worry so much ! so far ( since i have been renting my room, so doing 'proper' clients not just friends and friends of friends) i have only had one lady decide she wanted her clear overlays off no reason she just said she would do without for a while and one said she would stop after her wedding as she doesnt think she can afford them, i do get in a bit of a stew as i live in a place ( not where my room is ) where there is a tech that is well known for her really good work ( although nails are wrecked when soaked off !!!) so i do feel up against it :|

Last edited:
hmmm, i'm thinking now, i did my training in jan and have also been back for a 1 2 1 both times i am asked why i worry so much ! so far ( since i have been renting my room, so doing 'proper' clients not just friends and friends of friends) i have only had one lady decide she wanted her clear overlays off no reason she just said she would do without for a while and one said she would stop after her wedding as she doesnt think she can afford them, i do get in a bit of a stew as i live in a place ( not where my room is ) where there is a tech that is well known for her really good work ( although nails are wrecked when soaked off !!!) so i do feel up against it :|

So...tell us about all the good things then...do you have returning clients? Have you improved each month? Has business increased? Are you taking more money than you did at start of year? Has anyone told you they liked their nails? And anything else you can think of that may be a good thing...we would love to hear about your positive stuff too:)

well.... the lady who had the French Mani was waving her hands around saying she loved them! the French infill is a regular, the infill and paint, who also is a regular, i think was spot on and she loved her toes although i thought the flower was off center. I'm not making much more than a few quid at the mo but thats prob my own fault because as soon as i earn any i spend it on more product ! i think what I'm gonna do for a while is take pics of what i do and pop it on critique

I'm exactly where you are at the moment. I've never worked in a salon or with other nail techs since I completed my training and i constantly worry about the same things as you. What's helped me the most this year is going to the Professional Beauty Shows and checking out the nail stands. The Techs' on these stands do demos and are passionate about what they do. I find them an inspiration. Most are happy to answear questions and offer advice

Latest posts

Back