Do you use PAYM to take payments (payment made to your mobile number)?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelb

Reaction score
Ok I'm a bit of a dinosaur and I've only just come across this.
Looks like you can register your mobile phone number to your online bank account. Then people ( who have done the same) can use their own phones banking app to send a payment to your phone number ( no need for sort codes / account codes etc). You will get a text to say you have been paid and 2 hours later it's in your bank account... even if they bank with a different bank.

It's FREE, it saves having to chase bacs payments or reconcile them on your monthly statement. no percentage fees like with chip and pin.

But do people know it's out their and is it widely used? As most of my clients are 40+ I'm not shure they know it exists.
My Santander business account will only let me receive payments not send them, but it's a start.

Do any of you ever make payments ( or take payments ) using this system?

I've been using PayM since it started in May last year. It's great as I don't take credit cards. I'm with Barclays & the money is paid in straight away. Most of my clients are 40+ & I've got a 78 year old that uses it. It works really well.

Hi have you looked at stripe we have integrated Hive with it so you don't need a hand held terminal, which will save you money [emoji2][emoji2]

Best

Kim

Latest posts

Back