Do you work freelance from more than one location?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
Just wondering as I am considering this to increase my client base.

The main thing that I have thought is that clients at the current location may want to switch to the new location, which I don't want to do as it would defeat the object of aiming to increase the client base.

Look forward to hearing from you! x

Just wondering as I am considering this to increase my client base.

The main thing that I have thought is that clients at the current location may want to switch to the new location, which I don't want to do as it would defeat the object of aiming to increase the client base.

Look forward to hearing from you! x

Hi Cathie, there's only so many clients you can do in one week. Whether your in one place or two. Wouldnt it be easier to do them all under one roof instead of running back and forth.....If your looking to switch to a new location, why not take your old client base with you to keep you going whilst you fill up the rest of your bookings with new clients.
David

Thanks David. I have considered that option. The negatives for me are,

Some clients wouldn't move as the locations are equidistant from my home but in opposite directions, so travelling would be an issue for some who are coming from the other side.

I would have to completely move to the new location as this is where I see new clients being recruited, which I don't want to do just yet as it's a relatively new salon.

I would do full, consecutive days at each salon, so I shouldn't be running back and forth.

It makes sense though but I don't want to make that jump straight away, I guess I'm wanting to hedge my bets really.

Hi there.

I work in another industry so I do nails part-time.

I work one day at home with one set of clients who know me at that location.
And I work another day at another location in the city with a set of clients who know me there. The two don't mix. (That's the beauty of freelancing).

The money I spend for travelling and parking between the two locations I put down as a business expense.

It only took me three weeks working in two of my salons to realize how much I HATED working in two locations. Each time I switched locations I felt uncomfortable and ill at ease for a day before I settled down (things in different places, my routine upset) not feeling like I was doing my best work. My solution was to leave my colleague with all my clients at the first location while I set up permanently at the other and built the client base there.

This is just my experience that I am sharing. Two sets of overheads .. two different locations .... doesn't double you income or your clients .. it is allot of effort for very little return in the end in my opinion. You'd be part time at each which also sends out bad vibes to new clients who may want to come to the salon for their nails but prefer a technician to be on call when they need them. Just a few ideas to think about. :hug:

Decisions, decisions. I know that based at my current location (hair), I'm never going to have a full column, it isn't in the right place or the right setting but I like working there.......heart ruling head and not thinking business.

The new place (beauty) has much more walk in potential, high street location and complementing treatments offered.

Well, I'm going to try it and take it from there.

Thank you for your advice. x :hug:

Latest posts

Back