Does '3 Free' mean anything to you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does '3 free' mean anything to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did I say anywhere that Formaldehyde Resin was the same as formaldehyde??

I don't think I did as I am quite aware that the two chemicals are different and have been teaching others that fact for years. Why? Because CND polishes did contain TSFR but not Formaldehyde and as one can imagine I was asked many times about it. Be careful when you quote and lift one sentence out of a load of others ... gives the wrong impression.

Any long standing members of this site know just how often Geeg has had to explain to us that Formaldehyde Resin is not the same as Formaldehyde.

However, now that the new range of CND polishes will not contain any of them will be more reassuring to those clients who raise concerns.:)

With all due respect, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin (TSFR) is not the same chemical as Formaldehyde.

Hey Paul, long time no speak :)

The above is very true and has been clarified on a number of occasions on the site, however sadly we all know that consumers and activists care less about facts then they do about sizzle.

Are 'non 3 free' formulations safe? Of course! It is my understanding that there has never been any research that shows DBP, Toluene or TSF Resin in nail enamel post health risks to humans.

However do consumers care that there is no proof? They bought into the fear of the possibility it was bad for them (many while enjoying a smoke after they scarfed down a Super Sized Big Mac Meal to cure the hangover from getting royally smashed the night before). Buying into this fear puts the industry on the back foot.

I for one believe that we should always fight the good fight, however since alternative formulations that make the fear moot are available, doesn't that allow us to focus on the more important battles that can be won to the benefit of our industry?

Last edited:
my brain hurts :eek:

no formaldehde resin no toluene no dbp .. happy days roll on september :):) xx

I only have one more thing to add on the subject of fomaldehyde,toluene and dbp.

"Fear fuels ignorance....":(

soooo interesting

soooo interesting

Thanks for resurrecting this thread up Rinn.
Very interesting and a 'should do' read for any of us geeks that have joined since July 2009.

i know , i came across it and thought there's so much info here it's a pity to have it lost to people ...oldies and newbies...

if people took the time to troll through the archives they would find so much helpful information

archives....go to the very bottom of any page and click on it. be warned have a large mug of tea with you.:lol:

I just want to bump this up, after many, many years, and see what else has been added to the list of "3-free" 😃

these are the 3 free chemicals dibutyl phthalate, toluene, formaldehyde

Latest posts

Back