Does '3 Free' mean anything to you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does '3 free' mean anything to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
Does 3 Free mean anything to you?

Maybe it means nothing to you, in which case please say so.

I'm wondering how many actually know or don't, right now this minute as you read this and answer the poll

Don't go rushing off to Google it just let me know honestly if it rings any bells with you.

Something to do with the chemicals in nail enamel which some people can be highly allergic to??????

maybe ...... lol

truthfully I don't know what it means except like said chemicals that can cause reaction. I am sure that there is a lot more to it though! I will read and learn.

anne xx

My first instant thought was the 3 mobile network but i did realise you wouldn't be referring to this,
you are talking about the new enamel range from CND.

Something to do with toulene, formaldehyde and another chem, think also something to do with toulene family but could also be majorly making this up as I go along:lol:. Apologies for spelling, I was to scared to google spelling incase answer popped up lol xx

I know!! But only after reading a thread on here where geeg explained what it meant lol!

Something to do with toulene, formaldehyde and another chem, think also something to do with toulene family but could also be majorly making this up as I go along:lol:. Apologies for spelling, I was to scared to google spelling incase answer popped up lol xx

Would the other group of chemicals be pthalates then? I think pthalates have been implicated as being endocrine disruptors.

Toluene is methylbenzene; xylene is dimethylbenzene, both are suspected carcinogens I think.

And formaldehyde - it's found in embalming fluid; biological specimens are often preserved in a solution of it - and it will get metabolised to formic acid in the body (which is the same reason that methanol is so toxic)...
Posted via Mobile Device

I am sat here quite bemused at all those long words that I can't even say never mind spell:lol:.

Well done Ruth you sound like a scientist!!:hug:

3 mobile came to mind first, though i was sure this wasn't what you were thinking of.

Now i've read the other geeks input, i understand, but it still didn't ring a bell. I'm sure i haven't heard of it before.

Would the other group of chemicals be pthalates then? I think pthalates have been implicated as being endocrine disruptors.

Toluene is methylbenzene; xylene is dimethylbenzene, both are suspected carcinogens I think.

And formaldehyde - it's found in embalming fluid; biological specimens are often preserved in a solution of it - and it will get metabolised to formic acid in the body (which is the same reason that methanol is so toxic)...
Posted via Mobile Device

So this info just came off the top of your head did it??

I am sat here quite bemused at all those long words that I can't even say never mind spell:lol:.

Well done Ruth you sound like a scientist!!:hug:

LOL, I have a Masters degree in Chemistry from Oxford ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

well i am with louby , lol i thought you were on about a phone network , :lol: never thought of chemicals until everyone said it , lol

I saw this somewhere else....ah what brand was it........it's about 3 chemicals not being present in the product....oh, I'm going to have to google now just for my own peace of mind.

Ah, Butter London is who it was - I remember being intrigued because I thought it meant I got 3 products free :rolleyes:

Well I voted for pick me, but only because I knew that you probably were refering to the new enamels from creative being 3-free I cannot spell the ingredients that are no longer presented in the enamels.
Maybe I could in Danish: toluen, formaldehyd and I cannot remember the last one....
So I needed the, I know but can't remember option:green:

ah well - I voted 'nope...not a thing' because up until I read all about CND's new effects I didn't have a clue what the 3 free meant. I'm getting all clued up with the chemicals now though :green:

Yes - I do it means no di butyl phalate, no formaldehyde and no toulene - I use Spa Ritual and they have been very conscious about these chemicals. Zoya are also 3 free.:)

I presume you mean Formaldehyde, Toluene and DBP free? If so then yes, because Jessica have been free of them for years & have included this in their marketting for ages.

I voted No, as I have an idea.. and I know a bit about it, I know mostly about formaldehyde (sp?)
But not the others,
I am 100% willing to learn though :green:

Well I dont know enough to say yes, but new it was something to do chemicals & polish. So I voted no, think this is something I now need to read up on.

Latest posts

Back