Does any one know any thing about wella colour fresh?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brainwaves

Reaction score
I have a friend coming in to college next week who would like her hair to be white, her hair is already bleached blonde. I don't want to apply any more bleach to it as her hair is already very light so I thought I could just apply a toner. Any way I ordered Wella Colour Touch in Silver Violet 0.6
Do any of you know how this toner would turn out like?
I chose it becasue It said Violet and my college lecturer has been drumming it in my head that purple/violet tones neutralize yellow tones. I would have went for the light pearl ash blonde but she didn't like it last time I used it on her as she didn't want any ashy tones, she just wanted a really white colour.
Please help me out! I'm extremely confused!
Thank you x

depending on the porosity of her hair and how dry it is at the ends u will have to watch for grab, it cud take on a fairly violety hue. . if ur concerned about grab at the ends use that mixed with the clear toner mixed in, 0/0 to soften the tone slightly!

I have a friend coming in to college next week who would like her hair to be white, her hair is already bleached blonde. I don't want to apply any more bleach to it as her hair is already very light so I thought I could just apply a toner. Any way I ordered Wella Colour Touch in Silver Violet 0.6
Do any of you know how this toner would turn out like?
I chose it becasue It said Violet and my college lecturer has been drumming it in my head that purple/violet tones neutralize yellow tones. I would have went for the light pearl ash blonde but she didn't like it last time I used it on her as she didn't want any ashy tones, she just wanted a really white colour.
Please help me out! I'm extremely confused!
Thank you x

Hi brainwaves, this is a little great toner if used on bleached blonde hair that is a pale creamy colour , as long as its bleached up to the level of the inside of a banana skin first, it will tone it to a nice silvery white platinum baby blonde

Wash hair first towel dry and then apply to the roots first for ten mins
and then take through to the ends for the last five or ten mins
watching the ends carefully

the colour 0/6 in wella colour fresh is one of the least grabby ones , far better than the pearl ash on bleached hair , I find that the pearl ash one can grab a little on porous hair .

The 0/6 on the creamy roots should be fine ,

but as scottydolly says as long as you dont leave it too long on the ends of very bleached pourous hair it should turn out a lovely pale baby blonde with no grab
let us know how you get on :) minky

How did you get on at college with your colour fresh toner in violet 0.6
did you go ahead and use it if so..... how did it all turn out for you ? :) minky

I've just bought the Wella Colour Fresh (Violet 0/6) to neutralize my friends yellow bleached hair. So far we have tried 5 different toners and had awful results so I hope this will do the trick.

Have I gone for the right shade or should I have gone for 8/81? The 8/81 did look better on the shade chart however we dont want a grey/ash result like the other toners turned out so I decided to try the 0/6. I will see how it turns out tonight :) x

I've just bought the Wella Colour Fresh (Violet 0/6) to neutralize my friends yellow bleached hair. So far we have tried 5 different toners and had awful results so I hope this will do the trick.

Have I gone for the right shade or should I have gone for 8/81? The 8/81 did look better on the shade chart however we dont want a grey/ash result like the other toners turned out so I decided to try the 0/6. I will see how it turns out tonight :) x

I find the the 0/6 silver violet is better in colour fresh
as I find the 8/81 colour fresh can sometimes ( on pourous hair ) grab a little bit unevenly

the 0/6 silver color fresh can leave a slight but very even and lovely violet hue on very bleached hair but only if you leave it on too long or the hair is too over bleached and too porous

but it is a rather nice pale purpley hue
and very gentle and it washes out to a lovely white colour soon enough ,
I had a client who loved the shiny gentle violet hues
so she would leave it on a lot longer on purpose lol , as it has no ammonia or anything so its fine to do this ,
it goes on wet towel dried hair roots first for for ten then lather up on the ends ends for five to ten or more..... depending how you like it ,

do some test pieces first to see about the timings and how your client likes it ,
good luck ,

I plan on doing test pieces as the results can never be predicted.

I will take before and after photo's (providing I go ahead and tone after the test piece) so anyone who is wanting to tone yellow hair can see how the 0/6 turns out.

I tried L'oreal Luo Colour P01 and although others have had good results I have to say it was the worst toner I have ever used. The test piece was like a dirty dish water colour, very grey too.

I've always stuck by Wella but never toned white/yellow bleached hair before. I certainly wont be trying any other brands from now on so back to Wella :) x

Latest posts

Back