Does anybody have any strange habits when they're performing treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cre-8-nails

Reaction score
I noticed about 2 years ago that when I'm polishing or putting acrylic on nails I lean my little finger onto my left hand and physically cannot paint nails without doing this!(so I hold their finger with my left hand then lean my little finger just to the side of their nail on my hand)! Very strange!! Don't know how I've picked that up!! I'd love to hear if anybody else has noticed if they do anything similar xx

Well I do the same but because I was taught that this is a way of creating better balance and will keep you steady.

So you see, you're a natural! :)

Oh well haha that makes me feel less of a freak now haha!! Im glad you said that xx

It's not any diagnosed form of OCD or anything, but I do have a thing about even numbers.

E.g. I always polish with an even number of stokes per finger, and massage or apply hand cream with an even number of strokes too.
Even nail art, I always do an even number of things like stripes or dots if I can. It's quite bizarre x

Haha, tha tis funny!! Do you girls always have to start on a certain hand?? Like I have to start on their right hand!!! Xx

I do, but only because I'm right handed, and it makes me more comfortable moving across from right hand to left x

When I am doing nails I sit on my right foot, it's like a booster seat ha! Not very good when I have been sat there for 40 mins and stand up not being able to walk coz of a dead leg! I just can't stop doing it though! X

Bad case of pins and needles after hay!! Xx

Ooh I do this all the time! No matter where or on what I'm sitting, I always curl my right leg under.
You're right, the dead leg is awful and pins and needles is soooo painful lol xx

Also sometimes when I'm filling quite fast I tap my right foot in speed with my file haha oh god my weird habits are flowing out fast haha x

'Right i will just pop over to reception' .....Oh hang on no I won't I can't walk!

I've got a weird habit of tapping my file on the desk every ten strokes or so, mental. My clients think its hilarious

When I'm doin nails, be it acrylics, shellac or polishing, I always start with the thumb then move to the little finger. I was taught this when doing my Jessica training years ago, and if I ever do it any other way it bugs me and throws me off my stride!

What a great thread

I always sit on my right leg lol

I always bang my file on the table and do a full turn with it in my hand n start in another nail :s

My clients say I wiggle my nose when in really concentrating.

X x x

Love this thread.

I stick my tongue out when i'm applying polish (like a 5 year old colouring in)

Also i say 'lovely' all the time when i'm tanning. Seriously i counted 26 times the other day and i physically can't stop myself from doing it. I think its tourettes :p

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

I've got a weird habit of tapping my file on the desk every ten strokes or so, mental. My clients think its hilarious

i do this. Im tapping the dust off but it doesnt come off. Lol.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

OMG I do this all the time hahaha I'm glad I'm not alone.. Haha I'm glad you all like the thread!! Xx

What a great thread!! I do all of the above, file tap after each nail, saying "thats lovely" when asking a client to do something or move ie spray tan and my little finger rest while painting. How strange we all have them. I also dont realise how close my face is getting to my mag lamp (while doing extractions in facial) until i can feel my nose touch it loooollll xx

This is so funny ! great thread
I have to have my legs crossed twice as soon as i start polishing,
i spin my polish brush once or twice between my two fingers whilst im polishing each finger, i can't seem to help it, i think its my fingers fidgeting to get comfortable
i do the pinky rest thing too
I do that foot tapping thing (but with my left foot) when im filing or buffing
and 'that's lovely' has become a bit of a mantra with me too

Latest posts

Back