Does anybody have any strange habits when they're performing treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahha oh my god it's so funny we all do the same, does anybody use a 100/180 grit and bang it down on the table as if your going to turn the file round but not actually turn it!! X

Hahha oh my god it's so funny we all do the same, does anybody use a 100/180 grit and bang it down on the table as if your going to turn the file round but not actually turn it!! X

yip !
its about as useful as spinning the brush when you dont need to then having to spin it back again, lol
its like our fingers are twitching to go
we could probably just leave our fingers to get on with it :)

It's so funny that we all share very similar strange habits... Obviously they aren't really that strange after all lol x

i gotta feeling this is going to be one of those really big threads
its so funny to hear all the little habits you develop
:Love:

If I am about and make the tea I always serve it naked, is that wrong? :eek:

You're all weird!!! :biggrin:

I keep catching myself saying 'perfect' after clients stretch skin for threading/position their foot for pedi etc. I have work from client's right pinkie to their left when doing a mani and I have to thread right brow before left. I'm sure there must be more! Lol

If I am about and make the tea I always serve it naked, is that wrong? :eek:

You're all weird!!! :biggrin:

:rolleyes: If he did that I wouldn't have any clients left, they would all have died laughing!! He does make a good cup of tea though (fully clothed), has to be good for something!! :biggrin:

Love this thread.

I stick my tongue out when i'm applying polish (like a 5 year old colouring in)

Also i say 'lovely' all the time when i'm tanning. Seriously i counted 26 times the other day and i physically can't stop myself from doing it. I think its tourettes :p

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Love this!!

when I do a spray tan I tilt my head the same direction I tilt my gun, I never realised until I tanned my hubby & he asked me if I was retarded lol!

I tap and turn my file too! Totally unnecessary! Lol.

Also, when I'm doing hands I start left to right but with feet I automatically do right to left, it feels uncomfortable doing it left to right, I have no idea why!

Love this!!

when I do a spray tan I tilt my head the same direction I tilt my gun, I never realised until I tanned my hubby & he asked me if I was retarded lol!

Haha

I have a lady that is tanned every 7 says so knows what positions and when to move and i believe in one treatment 'thats lovely' were the only words i spoke to her.

I'm trying to cut down lol

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

I massage with my little finger sticking up straight in the air. I broke my finger when I was younger and it sticks up and I see it sometimes when I massage and I remember my tutor shouting across the training room Yvonne finger !:biggrin:

oh hell, now I've just realised I'm a brush spinner!

I always start from the pinky doing nails and sometimes a client will give me their thumb and I say no pinky first haha!

When I am doing Brazilian and Hollywood waxing and have removed a large strip of wax I hold up the wax to the light and inspect the roots whilst pressing down gently on the client's skin.

And after removing the wax or instructing them to move into a position or asking them to pull their skin tight or ANYTHING at all!! ... I say 'thank you'.

I have to purse my lips when painting nails else I will stick my my tongue out.
I'll have to try the foot tapping though as it seems popular :)

When I am doing Brazilian and Hollywood waxing and have removed a large strip of wax I hold up the wax to the light and inspect the roots whilst pressing down gently on the client's skin.

me too, and I get a little bit excited to see so much hair and big bulbous roots!

I always start from the pinky doing nails and sometimes a client will give me their thumb and I say no pinky first haha!

So do I lol, I just have to start with the pinky or it doesn't feel right!

Also when curing a set of gels or Shellac, I always start with the hand which is nearest the lamp (this used to vary when I was mobile as the lamp would not always be on the same side, depending on the set up), now the lamp is always on my left. It used to save me getting confused in the early days, especially if we were chatting a lot lol

OMG don't you hate it when the client is on te phone and they want you to do the left hand (in my case) first... I'm like " I've completely forgotten how to do nails now, haha I need to start on the right otherwise I'm buffered haha" xx

Guys I absolutly love hearing all your "our" strange habits!! It's so funny!! Xxx

Latest posts

Back