Does anyone advertise in their local paper?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodabubble

Reaction score
I am NOT talking about editorials here, merely lineage in the health and beauty section in the classified. I am thinking of giving it a go for a month or so to see how it goes and test the water, but I wanted to know if you guys have done it, if so what did your ad say, and was it worth its pennies?

thanks for the input geeks! xx

I found a local delivery company that hand out leaflets at the same time as my local free paper.
So I designed a flyer with offers, address, phone number ect and paid them to deliver them and I got 80% more come back from that then when I paid £340 for a small add in the paper and the leafelts all in cost me £100

I found a local delivery company that hand out leaflets at the same time as my local free paper.
So I designed a flyer with offers, address, phone number ect and paid them to deliver them and I got 80% more come back from that then when I paid £340 for a small add in the paper and the leafelts all in cost me £100

I leaflet myself, for free! well not quite free, paid about £20 for 7 thousand, but the ad I was thinking of running is £7 per week, was thinking of doing it but valued all your geeky experience before I decided :hug:

thank you kelly xxx

I leaflet myself, for free! well not quite free, paid about £20 for 7 thousand, but the ad I was thinking of running is £7 per week, was thinking of doing it but valued all your geeky experience before I decided :hug:

thank you kelly xxx
where do you get 7000 leaflets for £20?

where do you get 7000 leaflets for £20?

printed them myself, pink a4 is very cheap in my local stationers, and I use refillable ink.

sometimes its not what you know but who you know! :)

My thinking would be that at £7 for a week, try it out for a few weeks like you were planning and just see if anything comes from it. If it doesn't just cancel the advert and you'll only be out about £30 which is a lot less than some advertising methods where it costs a lot more to find out that it doesn't work.

if its only £7 per week i would give it a try

I wouldn't bother with classifieds myself. They are so tiny and lots of people don't even bother reading them, and then lots of the people who do read them only do so beause they are looking for something specific.

well the reason I thought of giving it a go is because a hair salon does it every week and has done so for well over a year....so my way of thinking is either that its working really well so thats why she keeps doing it OR she's really desparate and hoping it works!

thanks for the advice guys xxx

well the reason I thought of giving it a go is because a hair salon does it every week and has done so for well over a year....so my way of thinking is either that its working really well so thats why she keeps doing it OR she's really desparate and hoping it works!

thanks for the advice guys xxx
Could you go and ask the salon how effective it has been for them?

Latest posts

Back