Does anyone advertise with yell.com linked to their web addy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Is it worth the £220+ per year?

I really need my business to start picking so I thought I'd ask before I take the plunge before spending such a large amount of money.

I'm in West Yorkshire.

Many thanks!

That sounds a lot of money??

I actually have an ad in the book Yellow Pages spent about £96 last year and have just signed to do it again. It is showing my business name, address, tel no. and website address with a big bold line above and below to seperate my add from others. (they did want me to have a box but I had such a good response to this one I stuck with it. I have a very good client that has spent so much she has paid for the ads 2 times over!)

With all this said... in the paper work was a leaflet to send off to Yell.direct for free. not sure what sort of ad I get but here is a link so you can see some.

Advertising with Yell.com | Internet advertising products using » Yell Direct

there are many sites that let you have free listings, I found them by typing in a search for nail tech in my area and a page of listings came up.

Hope this helps.

Thanks I think I may stick to the book, I was so busy when I had my advert in the book when I worked in Surrey.

Only problem is it takes ages til I can get work from it, the books not out til October and I want to hit the summer season.

Not sure what to do I suppose.

Thanks again

I do both the book and the net at the moment but I've been thinking I may drop the book next year because I always ask new clients where they heard of me and when they say, Yellow Pages, I always say, the book or yell.com? and they always say yell.com...

Tinky, have you already got your free listing on yell.com?

That sounds a lot of money??

I actually have an ad in the book Yellow Pages spent about £96 last year and have just signed to do it again. It is showing my business name, address, tel no. and website address with a big bold line above and below to seperate my add from others. (they did want me to have a box but I had such a good response to this one I stuck with it. I have a very good client that has spent so much she has paid for the ads 2 times over!)

With all this said... in the paper work was a leaflet to send off to Yell.direct for free. not sure what sort of ad I get but here is a link so you can see some.

Advertising with Yell.com | Internet advertising products using » Yell Direct

there are many sites that let you have free listings, I found them by typing in a search for nail tech in my area and a page of listings came up.

Hope this helps.

hi honey

i had a call from these peps last week and the sales guy was very pushy i ended up putting the phone down on him when he said it was a no brainer !!!!!!

i for one dont like a pushy sales person

I have my free listing

I too put the phone down on yell.com he was pushy, they also sent me a bill trying to get me to pay for something from 2006. I told them where to get off.

Now you've reminded me of this I don't think I will bother!

Got my ickle Ikea bag full of 200 fliers, off to spread the word tomorrow whilst my son is at nursery lol!

Bet I do 4 houses and get bored!

Yellow Pages have very pushy sales peeps! thats true, but I did want the ad and it has proved very successful. So does yell.com.

Your are right the book comes out in October but you need to get your ad in now. Leaflet drop may help for now or the free lisings on the Net.

Yes the peeps at the aforementioned compan(ys) had me raging a few years ago. Not only do they discount the price to some people, they also sort of sell you ads at the last minute at a discounted rate for the book.

But it is successful so I'm going to call them tomorrow. Thanks again xxx:)

Latest posts

Back