Does anyone do gel nails rather than acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mansa

Reaction score
and if so what made you choose gel over acrylic and do you have a good client base?

any help would be greatly appreciated

xx

Hi

I first got my gel and worked with it till 2009. Then i got m acrylic and got my experiences with that. I can,t say that i rather work with gel. I love acrylics to but gel is my first love:lol:
I have clients who rather want gel. They find it lighter to wear and look more natural. So can,t say i like gel better then acrylic. Think its nice that i can give the clients want they want.

greets Liz

I love gel...I love how it looks and how it is applied (I use Brisa).

I am looking for employment and because a lot of the salons near me do acrylic (rather than gel), I am working hard on improving my acrylics.

If I was self employed I'd probably stick with gel :)

Thanks girls for your replies :)

I have never had gel nails done myself so have nothing to compare them to so I think i will book myself in to have a set done and make my mind up from that

xx

I will be starying at a salon in 15 days and they have decided until they get some sort of ventilation system they don't want acrylics. I decided to brudh up on my gels (I haven't touched the stuff since school).
I did a set on myself last week and I just loooove it! I am using the opi axxium sculpture gel. They look and feel natural. I will be doing my first set on a client in a couple hours.
I highly reccomend gels. I believe a big reason clients don't get it is because they're more expensive than acrylic and when there's a cheaper option they'll try that. I personally won't even be offering acrylics in my new salon so I hope it goes well! Maybe I can turn a bunch of people over to gels!!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

The price for a set of gel nails or acrylic are the same price in my salon. Yes, the gels are more expensive for me to buy but i dont want my clients to automaticly go to acrylics. And most of the time they dont even know what gels nails are.

Liz

I offer Gel, L&P Acrylic and Fiberglass Wraps. However, since the advent of Gel Polish--I have moved most everybod to that. Now I have one wrap, 2 gel and 3 L&P clients left. All others are now Gelish! More clients to fit in, higher profit margin and easier on my bum arm....needless to say....I am loving it!

i just do gels , acylics make my nose run even with mask not nice:eek:

Latest posts

Back