Does anyone do this or am I just going crazy? (c-curve using tips)?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaut

Reaction score
of course we all here are after that sleek look and perfect c-curve...

After applying tips and blending them if necessary, I use piece of c-curve stick to kinda 'pinch' that tip into more c-curved shape and then proceed as usual: white gel, pink gel etc.
This is the idea of what I'm talking about:
nailtipinc-curve.jpg

The difference is below, left - no c-curve stick, right - yes.
c-curvethumbsdiff.jpg

Sorry, for the bad quality picture, the difference is even bigger in real life. These above are my nails, and now I've tried doing it on two different clients and both times I've got improved nail extensions shape. I don't think you can over-pinch this way and do damage to natural nail as the tip would snap in case of 'overdose'.

btw, I work with gel only. and yes, I do use fabulous CND tips, but the one in the pic is OPI structure and they're fabulous too :green:

Tricks are great for competition ... otherwise I don't think they are necessary or practical in the every day work we do in the salon.

I am speaking my opinion but natural nails do not often have an exaggerated c-curve like this in real life and I think normal tips, if you use them, are more than adequate with an overlay that builds extra curve in with the brush instead of going to these sorts of lengths.

I never pinch .. there is absolutely no need to if you understand how to build a central vertical apex into the nails you create with your brush and your product and it is much quicker too.

I'm always up for cool new ideas but there are other, easier more practical ways in my opinion to do get the same effect without the pressure on the nail tip or the nail bed.

I must say, i pefere the look of the nail on the left because it looks more natural. I don't like the look of tips which are curved too much they look fake to me.
Nice idea though, i dont know if its a good one or a wrong one though! :)

the problem is that my own nails are a little bit fan shaped and I'm trying to make them look narrower. If I file the sides to achieve that then I lose the lower arch and create the weak spots at the corners where the free edge starts. By making that tip the curve a little bit more I can avoid it.
picture might be at the wrong angle, c-curves aren't that deep really.
and I can't get it how vertical apex can make fan shape nails looks not like fan shaped. or maybe I'm just gone crazy already :(

the problem is that my own nails are a little bit fan shaped and I'm trying to make them look narrower. If I file the sides to achieve that then I lose the lower arch and create the weak spots at the corners where the free edge starts. By making that tip the curve a little bit more I can avoid it.
picture might be at the wrong angle, c-curves aren't that deep really.
and I can't get it how vertical apex can make fan shape nails looks not like fan shaped. or maybe I'm just gone crazy already :(
You didn't state that you were creating this curvature to disguise your fan shapes.
My two middle nails are fanned shaped so i may try this idea on those two nails. Like you i end up filing out the lower arch on both fans to try and achieve a better shape but i never thought of pinching them a little.

me personally i love the look, :)
xxx

Thankyou! Just goes to show you can never stop learning. I've been looking for a way to get my c-curve without pinching. I have very thin nails and without acrylic they are very flat, after my acrylic has grown out to an overlay they have a very deep c-curve. Unfortunately this can take a while and they look very wide until then. I can create a wonderful c-curve by building in a "belly", but they still look very wide when I first do a new set, which I seem to be doing quite often lately to try different art. I can't wait to give this a try! Thanks again!

go on, try it out and tell me what you think :)

Latest posts

Back