Does anyone give their clients a receipt?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smellenor

Reaction score
Just thinking this morning as I am going to order some bits to retail that I might need to provide a receipt to my clients, but is this necessary? And for treatments also?

It would obviously just be something handwritten/filled in by me but I can't seem to find a straightforward answer to this question!

Thanks geeks :D

I give receipts upon request. I've printed out my own on my compliments cards with a place for name, treatment, date, amount and my signature. I then just hand write the details when needed. Hope that helps x

I'm mobile and i used to give out receipts but a number of clients screwed them up infront of me?! so i stopped and now i ask clients if they would like a receipt and everyone always says no, i wouldn't expect a receipt if i were just having treatments done in a salon but if i was buying products or good then yes i would expect a receipt saying whether or not you accept returns and so on :)

I'm mobile and i used to give out receipts but a number of clients screwed them up infront of me?! so i stopped and now i ask clients if they would like a receipt and everyone always says no, i wouldn't expect a receipt if i were just having treatments done in a salon but if i was buying products or good then yes i would expect a receipt saying whether or not you accept returns and so on :)

That's what I was thinking, for treatments it never seemed necessary but I wasn't sure about retailing stuff, ie solar oil/hand creams etc. I shall just ask each client individually. Thanks ladies x

That's what I was thinking, for treatments it never seemed necessary but I wasn't sure about retailing stuff, ie solar oil/hand creams etc. I shall just ask each client individually. Thanks ladies x

I've got one of those duplicate receipt books but its never been used lol xx

I give every client a receipt. Some ask me to put it in the bin but my till automatically gives a receipt so it still gets printed out.

I work mobile and I write receipts for all clients in a duplicates book. The copies are filed away and it's helpful when I do my accounting.

I work mobile and I write receipts for all clients in a duplicates book. The copies are filed away and it's helpful when I do my accounting.

This is exactly what I do. Except from now on, if the client doesn't pay on the spot, because they have forgotten Thier purse, I will give them a duplicate copy. Just in case they start causing a problem, which they usually don't, but they can forget. In fact I'm trying to get into the habit of asking for the money first before the nail treatment, And it's a good idea to start reciepts for retail.

Thankyou everyone x

Sent from my GT-I9100

same here x

Hi,
My accountant told me that I have to give receipts and keep a carbon copy for myself. I've got millions of receipt books from over the years. My clients don't want them but I've got to have a copy, so I write one then throw theirs away.

aren't you required, by law to provide a receipt ?

I am an accountant and the only time that HMRC states you must provide a receipt is if you are VAT registered and selling to another VAT registered business/individual, however as salons are largely cash businesses it makes them high risk in HMRC's eyes and you will need to show you keep thorough records of you appointments and income to prove that you are declaring all income. :Love:

Thanks, I was under the impression it wAs a vat related issue (of which does not affect me) and my records are well kept so that's good to know :)

Sent from my GT-I9100

Hi,
My accountant told me that I have to give receipts and keep a carbon copy for myself. I've got millions of receipt books from over the years. My clients don't want them but I've got to have a copy, so I write one then throw theirs away.
Exactly what I do.

I live in California so I think the rules on this are waaay more strict. But I use "Square" So I can accept credit cards from clients so when they pay this way or with cash, I can chose to email them or text message them their receipt and I always write one on paper for them as well and keep the carbon copy for my records. Square is awesome because it also makes spreadsheets of all your finances on excel so you can just print them out!

Oh and I'm an independent contractor, I dont have an account to accept payment with my salon.

Latest posts

Back