Does anyone have coeliac disease?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope no one minds me opening this up again. I have been diagnosed with bad IBS but I definitely feel it's more than that. I either have to go to the loo loads or not at all, I've had blood and mucas (sorry!) my stomach is always bloated, I feel horrific after certain foods to the point where I can't move :( how often did you keep going to the doctors to get a good diagnosis? I tried cutting gluten and it seems to be helping a bit
Hi LouisaB, must be so annoying for you :-( i have IBS but never diagnosed with coeliac, however i have studied it for my HND and my sis in law has all the symptoms. Basically this is what i know about the condition:-
1. its an auto immune condition
2. you can get a blood test to diagnose HOWEVER, you need to be eating gluten in your normal daily diet for 6-8 weeks before getting the blood test. the reason being the blood test detects an antibody in the blood which is a reaction as it where, to the gluten - if you are not eating gluten then the antibody will not be present in your blood giving a neg result.
3. If the result is neg and you really are convinced its coeliac - you can insist on getting a biopsy - which sounds unpleasant but you get knocked out for it.
here are the details of peopl how can advise better ! x
https://www.coeliac.org.uk/home/
Helpline 0333 332 2033

hope ive helped a bit ! x

I hope no one minds me opening this up again. I have been diagnosed with bad IBS but I definitely feel it's more than that. I either have to go to the loo loads or not at all, I've had blood and mucas (sorry!) my stomach is always bloated, I feel horrific after certain foods to the point where I can't move :( how often did you keep going to the doctors to get a good diagnosis? I tried cutting gluten and it seems to be helping a bit

Hi Louisa,
I have exactly the same but was diagnosed with Ulcerative colitis 5 years ago. It took me a while to get properly diagnosed so maybe go to a different doctor and insist on seeing a consultant. I think the blood is the thing that made my doctor actually listen to me in the end. Mine is very well managed now with medication and I am loads better than I was at the beginning. Stress is a trigger for me so I try and keep as relaxed as possible.
Hope you feel better soon xxx

My sister has it so it was pretty easy for me to get tested I actually got my biopsy done before her! It also helped that my doctors husband has it too my bloods came back negative still so insist on a biopsy x

Latest posts

Back