Does anyone know how to do water Aquariam Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akaza

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Does anyone know how to do water aquarium nails?

I've seen a couple of video clips on youtube but do not understand how they are done! The clips were very brief and unclear on how they were made...

Has anyone done them before, and if so, how do you do them?

Please help!

I think you apply a popit over a nail tip you fill it with water like a snowglobe.

There not very practical are they lol!

I agree not very practical and really thick. If you do a search you will find quite a few threads about this. hth

Hi
I was looking at the video's for these as well, I did see one where they used the wobbly eyes you buy from craft shops.. take the backing off and use the bubble attach that to the nail leaving a gap to add your bits in, then seal and using a syringe add the water... HTH...XXx:hug:

actually a gal on here, her user name is VHunter, did them and left these step-by-steps in a post! The link is at the bottom if you want to check out the post. :lol:

Ok, I glued a clear tip to a stick.
Then I used my drill and etched only along the seams where the tip would meet the other tip that would be placed on top of it.
For the second tip, I etched along the seams on the UNDERSIDE of it where the two would meet.
Using Nailite Eurogel (my forze wasn't stiff enough) that is a builder gel that does not move or level one itty bitty iota, I placed some along 3 seams of the tip on the stick but not long the fourth at the free edge (dont know if that makes sense?)
I took the 2nd tip, and placed it on top of the first BUT stuck a toothpick in between the two at the free edge, going as deep as the middle of the 'nailplate' if you will. This created a 'pocket'.
I then cured it.
Placed more gel along the seams, smoothing it out.. cured again.
Filed and shaped the seams all nice and tidy, buffed/etched the surface of the top tip
Then used a dropper to put the coloured water in between the two tips at the free edge where I'd left it open (removed toothpick of course). Stuck in the fish using tweezers and left enough space at the top so that the water didn't reach all the way to the edge so that some gel could be pushed in between the two edges of the tips.
Applied Eurogel again at the seam, pusing some in.
Cured while tilting it upright, keeping water away from the seam.
Applied some more and smoothed it, cured
shaped the free edge and then applied a self levelling gel all over the surface of the tip and coming over the sides and free edge.
Cure.

Here's the link if you want to check it out yourself, the steps are posted in the comments!

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/37718-water-encapsulated.html

Latest posts

Back