does anyone use susan molyneux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma Bagnall

Reaction score
Does anyone use susan molyneux... i took the renu & vitru range on in november, although the products are fab,i have only done 4 facials, it seems everyone wants nail extensions! i feel like i have totaly wasted my money, i have about £2000 worth of retail sitting in my stock room.. dont know what to do, i have put offers on to no avail... thinking of ebaying or geekbaying it off in one lot and making the salon into a nail bar with more stations... this seems to be what the folks in my area want! what do you all think..? any advice much apreciated :cry:

Do you have inviting window displays that make people aware you offer sm, or is your business very nails orientated? i cannot comment on what a client is after in your area, but i would try and promote these services as much as possible, such as a launch offer- maybe an informative open evening/demos , its never too late to do this kinda thing.Are you passionate about your range (you say they are fab), the kinda passion that makes people want to try your facials and products? i have used sm before (never as a retailer) and i think they are really nice, unfortunately its not that well known by the public, compared to dermalogica etc, so they may need a little enticing!
If you really dont think its gonna work then you need to make a decision to sell before there is not much shelf life left. good luck in your decision:biggrin:

Hi Emma! Why dont you put a nice eye catching offer in the 'Sentinel'.. Make people aware of the standard of the SM range, List the variety of treatments you offer.. To be honest, I was very pleasantly surprised at the less common treatments you offer, as a lot of salons in our area dont offer what you do!! I'm sure many more people will be eager to visit your beauty salon once they see what's on offer!! x

How much are you charging for your facials ? If you are charging £40 then imo no-one is going to pay that for a SM facial. The absolute most I would pay for a SM facial is £25.

I have used the products at college and I used to really dislike them but ive mellowed a bit now lol. My problem with them is the name, I honestly think it sounds naff. Didn't they change it just Molyneux at one point ? I would drop the Susan if i were you & just advertise it as Molyneux facials.

My friends hairdresser actually phoned me up for advice about this exact same issue.

She said that she was having big probs retailing and getting people in for facials.

Now I dont and never have used Susan Molyneux so all I could say is that as far as I knew it wasn't a very well known brand and I didn't think clients would pay that much for a relatively little heard about facial range.

I'm not saying it's not a good range but unless you have clients that will rave about it and have excellent advertising it's going to be hard to sell.As you are obviously finding.

Maybe give them a call and speak to their advertising team,explain the difficulties you are having.Maybe they can give you some tips.Have a special promotion day where you give a mini facial for a price convenient to you but this enables the clients to get retail products at a discounted rate.HTH

thanks for your comments everyone...

my facials start at £15.00 for an express, and go upto £37.00 for 90mins. pretty reasonable in my opinion.
I think the fact that its not a really well known brand might be the trouble. But then we are very well known for our nail extensions... but then you would think that if everyone raves about our nails, they would be tempted to try a facial.. I mean most of our nail clients have other beauty treatments done..
we had a susan molyneux launch week last week, i had 5000 a6 quality flyers done on gloss card, had them all distibuted, even went out and did some myself... we had plenty of inetrest, but that was only due to the free 30 minute treatment, although we did charge a £15 booking fee redeemable against the susan molyneux range...the result... did a fair few facials, and they redeemed the voucher against the cheapest products in the range! we had a couple book in for more treatments, but no where near what i hoped for..

and then theres advertising in the sentinel, which was also suggested.. i refuse to advertise with them, due to the extreme prices. when i first opened we did an advertisement, along with a 5000 flyer drop, the flyers won hands down.. everyone was bringing them in for there 10% off.

I use susan moleneux in my salon and i am very busy. They have actually changed their packaging now and its called MONU which sounds better as well.
Why dont you start to use monu when advertising instead of susan moleneux?
Also when i bought this range to get my clients in i offered a free back massage with every facial and it works give it a try.
I wouldnt get rid of it at the moment give it a try its a lovely product, smells nice and you can see a difference after treatments.
best of luck.,

the monu range is one of the 3 ranges by the company susan molyneux, i hold the renu (anti aging)and vitru (mens range), and then a small amount of the monu range, such as facial wipes, eye makeup removers, lip balms etc... i totaly agree that the quality of the products are great and i am sure if i could get a few of the right kind of people to try the facials, it would fly out the door! definately going to try the free back massage with every treatment! thats a good one! thanks..

We use Monu, Renu & Vitru in our salon & our customers love the products. They are at least as good as many better known salon ranges & I think it's great to offer something a bit different. I've dealt with many product ranges & suppliers over the years & the customer service & training Molyneux offer are second to none.

Last year we took on the Renu just before Mother's Day & Vitru just before Father's Day & promoted Gift Vouchers for one off 1/2 price facials. This was a big discount, but it paid for the launch package each time & got regular & new customers to try the treatments. The Renu facials/products in particular have been very popular, I too have always found the free back massage offer works really well.

I also made a competition for the staff to sell as many Vouchers as possible, the top seller getting a prize & everyone else getting a free Renu product if they reached their target. This motivated the staff & their enthusiasm for the products/treatments rubbed off on the customers.

Hope this helps, good luck & don't give up x :)

Latest posts

Back