Does anyone use their beauty couch when mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carly_brown

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

just wondering if anyone uses there beauty couch when working mobile? I am thinking about doing this and using it for everything inc manicures, i was chatting to a woman last week who said she uses hers for pedicures as well i asked her how she done them with the client up on the couch and she said she didnt want to tell me incase i copied her :irked: i was quite taken aback by this as the conversation came up because i was talking about doing this but i didnt really no how to go about it yet i was just at the thinking stage, but i most definently wasnt going to copy her technique i was just curious to how she did do it i did explain this to her but she wasnt interested infact she was bvery rude i felt, if any of you ladies do this and dont mind sharing how you do it it would be great.

thanks in advance :)

Pedicures on a bed??? LMAO :lol::rolleyes: how the hell did she do that?

In my opinion (and it is only mine) I can't see how it would be a comfortable treatment for the therapist if your doing pedicures on the bed. Your constantly standing for one hour hunched over the clients feet not to mention having to disturb the client by getting them to stand in the pedicure bath.

The only time I used a bed was when doing facials, massages and waxing, otherwise I used a manicure table or the clients chairs (for eye treatments etc).

I have a massage couch with is metal framed and it was a nightmare to keep transporting in and out of the house let alone the car so I gave up on that idea.

Good luck on what ever you decide.

Its easy , I done pedicures last weekend for a pamper party on a couch ,the client sits right back with the head of the coach propped up,you can get them to bend or straighten their leg which ever you need , and you just sit on your stool at the end , it was ok for me .:)....but saying that I didnt do a soak though,just sanitized and got on with it.:lol:

Firstly, if someone from the industry talks about his work and then refuses to share either technique (of course you can't copy/learn much, that's what schools are for!) that's an alarm sign. I'm not saying she should have given you a complete course of what she does, but just - talk??! Sounds like little children saying - I've got an elefant in my backyard, but my mom won't let me show you :green:

Second, I had similar experinces with people who posed from above and started every sentence with - ah, then you don't know about xy :eek:.. What? What do I don't know? So I said, ok, I don't, enlighten me! And then they refuse to explain... like they got their choice of files and stuff from st. Peter or something and I'm not worthy enough to hear... And soon they we're crossed in my book :eek:

And third, how on earth can you do a pedicure if someone is laying down? Ok, she might be having one of those cosmetic tables that you can use both for massages and waxing, or lift or bend them up so a client can sit in them for pedicures or facials, my friend has one and it's very handy.

So, my dear Watson, don't spend your time on people like that and feel bad for their bad adittude.

Its easy , I done pedicures last weekend for a pamper party on a couch ,the client sits right back with the head of the coach propped up,you can get them to bend or straighten their leg which ever you need , and you just sit on your stool at the end , it was ok for me .:)....but saying that I didnt do a soak though,just sanitized and got on with it.:lol:

ups, Ok.... I wrote my reply without seeing this...

but anyway - thanks for sharing :hug:

ups, Ok.... I wrote my reply without seeing this...

but anyway - thanks for sharing :hug:

No probs hun, you must have been typing the same time as me:lol:.

Funny this thread has come up I was actually thinking of getting a couch
for myself to do pedicures too , but then thought it was an expensive item for something that I dont do often mobile ,and you wouldnt beable to do the soak and exfoliation on one either..well you could I sposse if you done both first.

thanks a lot girls for replying, well i already have the couch and that why i was considering using it for them i think that it would be quite relaxing to be on that getting your feet done after a hard day at work or whatever but i would have the choice of sitting if people were not wanting to be on the couch? I dont no about the whole soaking thing as this is what was making me swither, the only 2 possibilities i have thought of are 1/ put the bowl at the bottom of the couch actually on it and they could soak there feet 2/ soak the feet then ask them to get up onto the couch but like i said i am still at the thinking stage about the whole thing :idea:

No probs hun, you must have been typing the same time as me:lol:.

Funny this thread has come up I was actually thinking of getting a couch
for myself to do pedicures too , but then thought it was an expensive item for something that I dont do often mobile ,and you wouldnt beable to do the soak and exfoliation on one either..well you could I sposse if you done both first.

Yes, when I said pedicure, I meant entire process... soaking, exfoliating and so on :) And yes, that multiuse chair/bed is soo expencive, so I do my pedicure in chairs and waxing on the massage bed, and it works just fine :green:

hey!

i always used to do my pedicures on my couch i find it much easier!! as for mobile i try not to use my couch as its just more stuff to carry around and its heavy! i do it with them on a chair and i sit on the floor or on a chair opposite them with their foot up on my lap!

Are you working mobile already?? Just wondering how you find it as i do it but am stopping soon and going into a salon full time as i find mobile quite difficult at times. Would be great to hear other peoples thoughts on mobile.

xx

no i havnt started yet im ust getting organised i am hoping to start in october :) but i just find it so hard to remember everything i have got to do and have etc at times im doing circles around myself trying to get it all sorted :lol: i have a 2 year old daughter that is the reason i am going mobile as it fits in best around her and really because where i am there isnt anyone else doing it and people seem to be really interested in it so fingers crossed it will all go well like i said i just need to get myself sorted out first so if any you other mobile ladies have any advice i would love to hear it just on how you got your self ready to begin.

thanks girls this site is great i couldnt live without it!!! :green:

I had a pedi done at a local salon back in May and this is pretty much how she did it. To start off with, she sat me in a chair while my feet soaked, then she exfoliated. She then moved me on to the couch, did the massage, then shifted me up so I was in a comfy seated position, got me a coffee to slurp on at the same time, and shaped and polished whilst I was having my coffee, and she sat on the stool at the end of the couch.
hth

I had a pedi done at a local salon back in May and this is pretty much how she did it. To start off with, she sat me in a chair while my feet soaked, then she exfoliated. She then moved me on to the couch, did the massage, then shifted me up so I was in a comfy seated position, got me a coffee to slurp on at the same time, and shaped and polished whilst I was having my coffee, and she sat on the stool at the end of the couch.
hth

Exactly what I do mobile but not in that exact order, then neither of us get stiff. Foot scrub and soak while client is sitting in a chair then dry them off and move them to the couch. They keep their legs straight while you tidy the nails e.t.c then get them to put their feet flat when you want to polish, this way you get a really tidy paint job as you can balance your arm on the couch.

This way the client can also go to sleep (I keep the bed almost flat) no leg strain and they don't have to keep swapping feet for you!

HI I only have a flat couch and limited space in my treatment room. When i do a pedi i sit the client on sturdy chair to do the initial cleansing, exfoliation etc then the client can sit on the bed with back to the wall using table as a bench, her feet are then placed on a rolled towel on top of the stool as you would if you were doing a mani across a table(the toes curlround the towel which helps with painting), i then do cuticle work and massage and polish etc whilst client is seated, its quite comfortable and if up to a wall as mine is you can pop a cushion behind them for support if not enough a couple of rolled towels behind cushion is sufficient support, most are quite happy to sit like this it saves propping the clients feet in your lap and allows you to have access to everything. hope this helps.:lol: if you want any help just ask,i truly believe that there is enough work for everyone and we should all help if we can, only today i passed some waxing to my friend who is starting out worth 40 quid and will be regular but i cant do it, i could have been spiteful and not help the client or my friend but i have to beleive and i do that if the shoe was on the same foot my friend would pass to me. people who play games like that feel threatened by you so take it as a compliment, i know one or two and they even lie about things to make themselves look good ho hum what ever. best of luck to you my advice is go for it, its the best jobin the world.:lol:

thanks again ladies uz have helped me alot andi think i am going to go for it i am going to try it out a few times i think on people i no then if all goes well i will do it on clients, its not going to be costly that way as i no my close friends will tell me the truth and that way it mean i can try and see how well it would work with the whole soaking thing and then up onto the bed etc :green:

thanks again x

Latest posts

Back