Does Biosculpture French lift more easily than colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tog

Reaction score
Hello Nail Geeks
I have a nail tech in my salon who has introduced Biosculpture, what a great treatment. Two of us had colour applied, which has lasted well - at least 4 weeks and no lifting at all. But one of the girls has had French on for 9 days and it's started lifting at the base and around the sides of the nails on at least half of her nails.
My question is, do any of you find the same thing happening with your clients ? or do the gels (colour and French) last for exactly the same time?

Thanks for your advice x

I dont use biosculpture, but I use calgel which I guess is very similar. I find that for calgel the french doesn't last as long as color.

Thanks very much for your reply . . . I thought that these coloured/french gels would last at least 3-4 weeks. If you had a client whose french started lifting within just over a week, would you offer to do a new set free or for a reduced price? Only I don't think it reflects well on my salon if the french only lasts a short time. I am just trying to see what a nail tech would usually do in this situation and what you would consider reasonable.

I dont' work in a salon as of yet, I practice on my family and friends but I think if they are lifting after a week you need to do some type of compensation for the client. Really the french should not be lifting after a week only....I'm sure you are watching your prep and capping the free edge with the white and all gel layers?

It's not me doing the Biosculpture, I have a nail tech who comes into my salon and works on a % basis. I'll have to have a polite word with her about it, I personally wouldn't be too happy if my french manicure wasn't lasting more than a week as you've just agreed. Thank you for your advice and for taking time to reply, it's invaluable as I am not a nail tech myself.

ive been doing bio sculpture for a coule of years, i do find french lifts quicker and also some colours (mainly bright reds)
i find with french if you do a coat of clear gel, then 2 coeats of white tip then the s-gel its a thinner application because the 2 layers of white tip are only on the tips and not the whole nail like with the colours! i find if use a pink base aswell it works better! they do a few pinks, i dont personally like the rose as its almost cream its so pale! 87 is my favorite!

also the girl she did the french on, if she had particlarly thin bendy nails she may be better usind selaer gel as the top coat rather than s-gel! its thinner and bends better with thin nails!
hope that helps x

I never get lifting - ever, with Bio Sculpture. Regardless of whether it is a colour or French. And I mean never....that stuff just doens't budge, unless you want it too. I have even on the odd hurried occasion, whacked it on myself with practically no prep and it's lasted 3 or 4 weeks, before infill....still no lifting.

Make sure she is using the same gel as a bonder layer.....as long as she is using Clear or Sealer on the natural nail then there should be no problems. If she is using S-gel one the ntural nail it will lift as it is not designed to be a bonder gel.

I never get lifting - ever, with Bio Sculpture. Regardless of whether it is a colour or French. And I mean never....that stuff just doens't budge, unless you want it too. I have even on the odd hurried occasion, whacked it on myself with practically no prep and it's lasted 3 or 4 weeks, before infill....still no lifting.

Make sure she is using the same gel as a bonder layer.....as long as she is using Clear or Sealer on the natural nail then there should be no problems. If she is using S-gel one the ntural nail it will lift as it is not designed to be a bonder gel.

i echo this:green::hug:

ive been doing bio sculpture for a coule of years, i do find french lifts quicker and also some colours (mainly bright reds)
i find with french if you do a coat of clear gel, then 2 coeats of white tip then the s-gel its a thinner application because the 2 layers of white tip are only on the tips and not the whole nail like with the colours! i find if use a pink base aswell it works better! they do a few pinks, i dont personally like the rose as its almost cream its so pale! 87 is my favorite!

also the girl she did the french on, if she had particlarly thin bendy nails she may be better usind selaer gel as the top coat rather than s-gel! its thinner and bends better with thin nails!
hope that helps x
This is very helpful, thanks for the advice I will pass it on to her. Better still I think I'll tell her about this site and the Nailgeek Forum, as I think it would really be useful to her if she has any other problems! x x

Hi Lindsay
Sounds like you are very experienced in Biosculpture. I am going to pass on your comments to the Nail Tech and I'm sure it'll help her. Thanks for replying. There sure is a lot to know when doing this type of treatment! x x

I find that the french actually lasts LONGER than the color. The clear is closer to the cuticle so you don't notice it as it as much as it grows out.
I haven't had any problems with lifting, maybe you should buff the nail a bit more before applying the product? Can't think of anything else.

Hi Lindsay
Sounds like you are very experienced in Biosculpture. I am going to pass on your comments to the Nail Tech and I'm sure it'll help her. Thanks for replying. There sure is a lot to know when doing this type of treatment! x x

Hope it helps....yes, I've had a lot of experience with Bio! If she makes it onto here, tell her to message me, as we have a Bio Sculpture User group I will send her an invite to!

Hi,
I work in a salon where we use Bio Sculpture for about 80% of our clients. From what I have seen over the years, there are only a hand full of reasons why the Bio Sculpture would lift.

If the bio sculpture gel is lifting from the bottom, it could only be due to:
a) poor prep or
b) Not meeting the layers at the same place near the cuticle. For instance, if the first coat of clear is very close to the cuticle, and the second not so close, it tends to lift back as the strength is reduced

If the bio sculpture is lifting at the sides, this could be due to:
a) Not bringing the white over all the edges (tipping) - sides and top
b) Applying the white gel too thick. If the white gel is applied too thick, then there is a vast difference between the layers of clear, and the layers of white.

Hope this helps hunny, as well as everybody else's advice.
Heather
xxx

Latest posts

Back