Does it bug you when a client doesn't come back?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joz99

Reaction score
I know I'm probably totally over thinking this but have had a client for well over a year who referred her friend to me, I cut her hair 3 times and she's always been pleased with it, she re booked on last one and it was booked for very start of the month and few days before she txt and said oh god I've just turned calander over and I can't do that day and I wasn't free to do till couple of weeks later so she said she would get in touch in September and she fancied something different next time but I haven't heard again since then...I still do original client and I asked her how she was and she said she's fine but having back problems...also I did do original clients sons but now they go to barber...I'm just feeling a bit insecure which is ridiculous! Does anyone else ever feel like this? I don't like to think there was anything wrong with the cuts I've done!
Sorry for long post...💜 need fellow hairdresser perpective!!!

Hello :) if this is your mindset you will end up running yourself into the ground. Peoples circumstances change, if she didn't like you the first time she wouldn't have come back a second or third time. Don't sweat the small stuff

oh yeah it does bug me! I used to worry about it with some clients days afterwards appointments...mainly due to the fact i would never be happy with my own work because i like perfection!!!

But i have learnt with time, you cant please everyone! brush it off your shoulder and carry on perfecting your craft. The only thing you can do is mind read and ask lots of definitive questions during the consultation to get a glimpse on how you might please someone! he he he! Try not to let it bother you, and dont worry about it it could be due to number of external things!! xoxo

Thanks both of you for your advice 😊 I love hairdressing but I am a perfectionist and I drive myself a bit crazy sometimes x it's nice sometimes to know your not the only one who worries x

It bugs me aswell I always think "what did I do wrong" :( not good lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't take it personally as it isn't always personal. I used a friend of a friend who was brilliant and I loved going to her. But the salon is in the town centre so I have to pay for parking and get someone to have my two girls - which isn't always easy so I use a lady down the road from me where I can take the kids or just quickly nip in there after the school run. I still love the first hairdressers work it's just so much more difficult for me to get to her. X

I had a client that been doing for a while then she got me her sister and a friend. And then this friend I started doing her daughters etc. did them for like a year or so the friend. And then she tried to book an appointment but couldn't book her in that week, since then she never contacted me again weird huh? I still do the client and her sister etc.

It does bug me too. Especially more so when I first started going mobile. Then I realised certain clients used to hang out until I advertised a special offer etc, in the beginning I used to do this quite a lot to build up a bigger clientele. I've been going a few years now and seem to have a steady clientele, so every so often I just give them little bonuses etc just to show my appreciation for their loyalty. Just things like a free treatment or so. I also encourage my regulars to book their next appointment before I leave so that they avoid disappointment in not getting booked in on time. I text them a few weeks before and double check that dates still fine with them or would they need to delay/adapt etc. seems to work well with me. However like other poster mentioned I have a hairstylist that I love doing my hair but it's not always practical to get to her so I use a different stylist. So don't always take it to heart. Xx

I used to LOVE my mobile hairdresser, but eventually I missed the salon experience and started using a salon. This was solely down to me wanting to feel pampered and the home experience didn't feel like a treat.
I do know what you mean though, as I have a tanning salon and when sunbeds have been retubed we always advise less and ask 'have you done x amount of minutes recently with us' and when they say 'not with you but I have elsewhere' it really bugs me!! Majority of the time, people do say 'it's nearer to work for me' or other reasons but still makes me panic in case they've had a bad experience with us in the past!

Thanks everyone feel much better hearing your replies, great advice to x just had txt from client saying thank you for taking so much time getting her hair how she likes it so I must b doing something right! X

You don't know what's going on, she might be really busy and not had time to think about her hair.

It is hard because we don't just do people's hair, we build little relationships with them, and get used to them and how they like their hair. It's such a caring and social progression that its hard not to take it personally!

It's probably not a case of she doesn't like the way you've done her hair, because she wouldN't have come to you 3 times!

Chin up, she'll probably text you before Xmas x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I do sometimes overthink & wonder why people haven't been back but usually just after I've thought about them they book in, and I worried about it for no reason lol, I have lost 2 clients this year tho, 1 was just a customer who took up a deal so diddnt really think she'd stay, the other tho I did like 3 times and then never saw her again, the really wiered thing is tho these clients have both followed me on Instagram in the last few weeks? Wtf lol go away or come back don't stalk me lol 😂

I do sometimes overthink & wonder why people haven't been back but usually just after I've thought about them they book in, and I worried about it for no reason lol, I have lost 2 clients this year tho, 1 was just a customer who took up a deal so diddnt really think she'd stay, the other tho I did like 3 times and then never saw her again, the really wiered thing is tho these clients have both followed me on Instagram in the last few weeks? Wtf lol go away or come back don't stalk me lol 😂

Lol

Some clients are weird like that. I have some clients on Facebook, that I have not done in the past year or so would it be rude to delete them?

Lol

Some clients are weird like that. I have some clients on Facebook, that I have not done in the past year or so would it be rude to delete them?

I often wonder about doing this too?? I did it once and then the lady sent me another request asking me why I deleted her.... I just told her I done a mass delete and didn't realise she was still wanting to use me. She started going on about well I was about to book and will need to get back to me with a date. Did she ever book?? No!

I've sometimes wondered what to do on Facebook as well! I had one lady who added me as a friend to get an appointment, I went and cut her hair and we talked about colours, did a skin test consultation and booked a date ect and then a week later her status said about hair extensions she was having fitted?? She never messaged and said oh sorry I've decided to have extensions so I messaged her and said I'm guessing u don't want your colour appointment anymore?? I was worried about deleting her at first coz she seemed like someone who could get funny and not nice but I got so fed up with her statuses! Every so often I get a random txt and it will say can u do hi lites for me today??? Also had a girl who found me on Facebook cut her hair twice she then txt me on a Sunday afternoon asking me to give her a lift somewhere?? I said no and next day i saw her status which said she was hanging so her emergency was to get to her friends to get drunk!!...she was deleted! X

I won't have clients on my personal page, good god if they saw my mad Saturday night out pics they'd probably never come to me again lol they can message me, if need be, via the business page,

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

I won't have clients on my personal page, good god if they saw my mad Saturday night out pics they'd probably never come to me again lol they can message me, if need be, via the business page,

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

I have a lot of clients adding me onto my personal facebook and I feel rude if I reject. I don't really update much on there for that very reason! I also found clients felt more comfortable with me as they felt I was on a friendship level with them just because we were facebook friends?!

Latest posts

Back