Does Shellac have a shelf life?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaz Pinkies

Reaction score
Hi, could someone please advise if Shellac has a shelf life? Some of my polishes have started going on a bit thick and grainy...does this mean they need replacing?

They should have a little pot on the back of the label with 6m, 12m and so on, means the product expires after this time

Yes, but timing starts after opening, not when you buy it.

Have you used it before? When they're new the brushes tend to have a coating on, I always wipe them before first use and shake my bottle to ensure its fully mixed as some colours can separate.

Yes it does my CND educator told me once opened approx 12 months, I'd say if they are thick then bin it X

I've had most of mine 12 months and no clients. Looks like they will have all been a waste [emoji20]

I've used past shelf life with no tangible difference in end product or service. Just don't use if thick.

I've used past shelf life with no tangible difference in end product or service. Just don't use if thick.

I've had some over a year and no problems either!

If they have not been opened too much they will be fine. They get thicker when te air gets in when we are using them, catch 22!
I have had some odd colours well over 12 months and they are fine.

Thanks ladies. Will bin the ones that are on the thick side and re order! Have had some nearly a year.

Ah so mine that have been sitting there for a year only opened once for a pop should be ok?

Yes, should be fine.

Latest posts

Back