Does your other employer know you are working as a Therapist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first trained, it was alongside a full time job, and although outwardly my employers seemed fine and even had me doing nail art for charity on special occasions!

But, I inwardly I found it was a different story. I was taken aside by my team leader who made it clear that it is frowned upon to have other work interests.

At first I kept it quiet so I could get hours, then I asked to cut my hours, when they didn't cut them, I tried to hand my notice in.

When I explained why they told me I could work set days, any that I wanted and if I ever had a quiet week to ring up and get more hours, they really support me and I even do she of there beauty treatments now. Also the customers ask me about my EE and I just explain that I'm a beautician and give them my number, work don't mind at all! Free advertising for me ;)

I have just started charging, only had two clients so far so seriously not making a lot. I need to tell he tax man.How will it affect my tax payments, i work. part time but don't earn enough to pay tax only NI. Will i have to pay tax through my employer or do a self assessment form at the end of the tax year? X

My boss knows and he said he admires me for giving my dreams a chance. X

The only time it should be an issue is if you are in direct competition, or it affects your work in your first employment. I would tell them. They don't own you and can't really stipulate your personal life unless it interferes with work life, which I'm sure you won't let happen. Moonlighting is mainly taking their business an using it yourself, so again, direct competition xoxo

I make it very clear I have taken on a second job. If I was paid enough, I wouldn't be doing it in the first place!

I am an employer and my contracts specify that they don't take a second employment. It's conflict of interest.
I've always been very accommodating with my therapists and have been giving them the no of hrs they wanted. They periodically to to training, I feel that if they would either work for themselves or have another employment they would benefit for this at my expense.

July x

Latest posts

Back