Does your salon have a text or mobile number?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelb

Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a dilema here:

I work from a home salon, so I am always here to answer e-mail enquiries or the land line. As I realise a lot of people rely on mobile communication, on one of my web sites I list a mobile number to use for sending me a txt message. The mobile no is my own phone, so I don't want to get lots of calls about appointments in my 'down time' ( the e-mail and answerphone are for that! ) so I say it's a number for txts only...but I still get lquite a few missed calls on the number ( the phone is generally switch off. )
....I'm very tempted to take the mobile no off my web site.

What do you all do? Is E-mail and phone enough or should I still keep the mobile no going?

I'm in a bit of a dilema here:

I work from a home salon, so I am always here to answer e-mail enquiries or the land line. As I realise a lot of people rely on mobile communication, on one of my web sites I list a mobile number to use for sending me a txt message. The mobile no is my own phone, so I don't want to get lots of calls about appointments in my 'down time' ( the e-mail and answerphone are for that! ) so I say it's a number for txts only...but I still get lquite a few missed calls on the number ( the phone is generally switch off. )
....I'm very tempted to take the mobile no off my web site.

What do you all do? Is E-mail and phone enough or should I still keep the mobile no going?
Considered getting separate work mobile?

Babe just wait until next month and join freedompop (you can register now) they 100% free and use it on any device. That way you get a second mobile number for business for free.

They supposed to be becoming to UK in August, you can find out more here.

http://www.freedompop.com/uk?experience=organic.default

I think they will give you 200mins and 200 texts free a month, so you could put the new freedompop sim into an old mobile and get clients to contact you on that number.

I just think the more ways clients can connect with you, the better. I would either keep the number up and let clients contact you any which way on the mobile and get yourself another phone, or get a specific work phone. I worked for years with the same mobile for personal and work, and eventually, last year, I bit the bullet and got a personal mobile - heaven! Work phone can get ignored until I want to answer it!

Vic x

I have bought a payg sim for an old phone as my business number. £10 a month and you get so many free mins and texts

mmm I know what you all mean......
Maybe I'll use an old phone and get a new sim card for it and use that as my business number! I could just leave it on silent when treating.
I don't really want to have yet another monthly bill ( already have the business land line ) Anyone know any really cheap monthly tariff sims? It will only be needed for calls and texts...(emails can be dealt with from my pc ).

mmm I know what you all mean......
Maybe I'll use an old phone and get a new sim card for it and use that as my business number! I could just leave it on silent when treating.
I don't really want to have yet another monthly bill ( already have the business land line ) Anyone know any really cheap monthly tariff sims? It will only be needed for calls and texts...(emails can be dealt with from my pc ).
Giff Gaff :)

I use them for my personal phone. Runs on 02 network but far cheaper.
If you want to signup through our referral link you get £5 free credit - https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/bannerpenguin

If you don't use the referral link, your choice but either way I think worth signing up to. They sell 'goody bags' which is a 30day rolling sim.£7.50 a month - 250 UK mins & Unlimited Texts & 500mb Data
£10.00 a month - same as above but 500 UK mins.

I use a mobile as when I first started I was working from home and didn't want people calling me at home all hours. I have one tone and if it's a number I don't recognise and I don't want to pick it up, I don't answer. I think a lot of people still text and ring the mobile even though now I'm in a salon with a landline, it's amazing the amount of texts I get which for some people is esaier

Halzelb, if you in a rush then get a pay as you go sim for a mobile. But if it was me I would wait until freedompop launch next month. At least that way you can always ring a customer back if you need to using your 200 min a month allowance.

Latest posts

Back