Dogs v cats

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel_19

Reaction score
Are you a dog person or cat person?

Personally I'm a dog person. I love the fact that she is always happy to see me when I walk through the door. I love her little face when I say walkies!! And you can play catch with dogs. Personally I think dogs are more interactive with you.

Ohhhhhh, I'm a cat person.

She totters up to me in the garden when I come home for a cuddle, she is very loving, and she is very intelligent.

You can't be a jealous person if you have a cat though. Even though they are loyal, they will flirt.

But they aren't overly needy. Which I like in my pets (and men).

I have a cat but im getting a puppy in 6 weeks so i like both at the mo but time will tell. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Normally I would say Cat all the way. But today was the wrong day for this question!!!

This morning, I caught my black oriental cat getting ready to pee on my carpet. She crouched as they do, not even in a corner of a room...and began to pee. I yelled, chased her upstairs and she is currently in the bathroom with her litter tray. She is 3 years old, and knows better!! My russian blue oriental cat is sat looking on confused. 2 sisters...but my black one is absolutely stupid!! I suspect me changing the cat litter from a cheaper brand, to a more expensive (and more absorbant ) brand is the cause for her using my floor as a toilet. Grrrrrrrrr.

I love cats because they are independant and naughty...(but I do not find toilet naughtyness funny AT ALL!!!) They are so changeable and funny, yet affectionate when it suites them!!

Yet I do love smaller dogs. Not jack russels, I mean the fluffy bouncy type. They are adorable.xx

I've got one of each. My cat 'talks' to me all the time. My dog always wants to play. So got a bit of each. I love the way they play together, that always makes me smile and quiet often when I walk the dog, the cat comes too.
When I'm ill, it's the cat who curls up with me purring his head of. I love his independence, he lives here because he wants to. But my dog is my fur baby.
Best 'pet' I ever had? That was my horse. I miss her, she and I did so much together and if I was stressed I would just grab a brush and spend time grooming her. Very therapeutic.
Although if my husband was around, she'd push me out of the way so she could go blow in his ear..... Tart:D

I'm a dog person.
All my life, there has been dogs.
From the very first, a Dane-mix my mom had when I was born, and we lived in a trailer park in Florida (yup, she got suckered at the pet store, they told her that Tinker wouldn't get very big LOL) that was convinced I was her baby, and she grabbed me by my nappies and tried to take me under the trailer to her litter of puppies LOL

Next came my Samoyed. He was GORGEOUS!
Then my mix Newfoundland with German Shepphard, another awesome dog.
Here comes the weird turn: 2 Pekingese... so not like me LOL

Now,I'm the proud mom of 2 horses: a mixed Rottweiler/Husky/Doberman (the mom was pregnant when rescued), and a Boxer-Cross (another rescue, abused and abandoned).

We've always had cats too. Love them, they love me. Mine talks with me LOL We meow back and forth, and he comes when I call. All my cats that I've ever had, have. I guess I train them a wee bit LOL

But... life without a dog, I think I'd lose my ever-loving mind.

So jealous....ABSOLUTELY love horses. To have one myself is my dream!x

So jealous....ABSOLUTELY love horses. To have one myself is my dream!x

ME TOO!!

LOL

When I refer to my "Horses", I actually meant my two dogs, sorry!
They're 60lbs each, and everyone around here calls them my horses hehehehe

197409_10150465226385385_882190384_17674735_797120_n.jpg

Left to right: Shila (Triquee's Mom), Willow, Triquee. All begging treats from a dog park visitor who showed up with stuffed pockets. They sniffed it out right away LOL
254268_10150658441100385_882190384_18925642_5833954_n.jpg

Haha I love cheeky animal stories!

My dog is an overgrown cotton ball. She's a Pomeranian. She's in season at the moment so she's feeling sorry for herself and keeps wanting to snuggle on my lap.

Omg vhunter your dogs are georgous! So noble looking.
Its funny this thread has started actually as i used to have a cat for 15yrs and ive got my dog now which ive had for 6yrs and saturday i will be taking on a cat as i dont want her to go into a rehoming place. Im a tad worried it wont work out as my dogs a head strong westie :-s
Now ive had and will soon have both i can honestly say i couldnt go without a dog as they are always there and take more looking after..

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313678599.895913.jpg sorry stupid phone wouldn't let me attach to the original post

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313678501.742408.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313678501.742408.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 46
Ahhh I'm so torn...I'm lucky to have 3 cats at my mum's and 2 dogs at my dad's. We have the most gorgeous Siamese with big blue eyes who thinks he is a little person; he sleeps on the bed with his head on the pillow, changes his miaow when you talk to him like he's having a real conversation with you and refuses to drink out of a bowl lol. But my big dog is to die for; he was a stray hanging around our villa in Portugal in 2005 and we couldn't bear to leave him so put him in quarantine for 6 months and then flew him home. He is a proper misfit, he has no tail where they had marked him to be destroyed and his back legs are about twice as long as his front so he runs like a rabbit. His name on his dog passport is Henrique, affectionately known as Henry Hound :-D

...Nope, can't decide lol

I have to say im definitely a dog person, i have had dogs growing up as well a westie when i was little then a Yorkshire terrie x chihuahua who passed away a few months ago, now we have a little king charles spaniel puppy who is the most excitable little thing ever!

I've never really been a cat fan but many of my friends have cats and the cats all seem to love me and climb all over me much to my annoyance! :rolleyes:

im definitely a cat person, i have two cats although their behaviour, especially of louie the male is more like dogs.

i love the way they seem to know what time i come home and sit in the window waiting (my neighbour tells me they only sit their about 5 minutes before i come in!!!)

They both talk alot and if you 'talk' back you can keep this going for quite a while with Louie!!!:o

They love snuggles and of a night Louie takes his place (always the same) at the top of the bed, throws himself down into the crook of my arm , head rested on the pillow and sticks his nose under my chin purring away. (he also has a very strange obsession of trying to chew my eyelashes, dont ask!:o! i cant figure it out!

cats are very independant as as someone previously has said they live with you because they want to and they dont argue back (well Millie does when you tell her not to do something, everyone says theyve never met a more argumentative cat.

As you might have guessed I have 2 very funny characters!

My russian blue cat plays fetch! She is obsessed with paper, and has pulled notes out of peoples bags as she is rummaging for receipts!! Obsessed. She waits for you to crumple up the paper, throw it, and she brings it back. Over and over!!x

My russian blue cat plays fetch! She is obsessed with paper, and has pulled notes out of peoples bags as she is rummaging for receipts!! Obsessed. She waits for you to crumple up the paper, throw it, and she brings it back. Over and over!!x

it must be a paper thing, the worst Millie does is to jump up and pull the post out of the letterbox flap and proceed to shred it to piece by biting chunks off ~(again a behaviour more associated with a dog).

She also growls at people when they walk up to the front door, i know they are there before they knock lol :D

Dog person!!!

When I saw 16 I was in a bad car crash and suffered from PTSD and wanted out! Mum said "what will make you happy" I said "a puppy"!!

8 years later and she is 8 yrs old and been "a mans beat friend" we've lived with different flat mates, boyfriends, now moved 100 miles and I have had a daughter and great partner and we are one big family!

Her name is honey and I love her more then she will ever know, she saved my life in many ways!!

X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313683678.650394.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313683678.650394.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 40
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313683818.213560.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313683818.213560.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 40
Crazy Cat Lady here!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Can your animals seem themselves in the mirror. My dog can't and I didn't think they could but someone told me their cat can see itself in the mirror?

I have always had cats growing up til I was 20 and last year I bought a pomeranian puppy and I will probably never own a cat again! I love dogs now :)

Latest posts

Back