Doing a full manicure with soak

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helencowleard

Reaction score
Hi my fellow Geeks, Since doing nails i have never been asked for any manicure other than what i class a mini mani which doesnt include a soak and scrub. On Tuesday next week i have a new client. An elderly lady of 82 with dementia in a care home. Her daughter wants her to have regular manicures as shes always looked after her hands and nails. She would like a manicure with soak ect, she will be having Vinylux polish. My question is should i do the Vinylux first before the soak ect or afterwards? I just wondered if i do the soak before the polish if it would affect the length it will last on her? Thanks for wealth of knowledge in advance x

I'm not sure as I don't use vinylux but for normal polish I do it after everything and make sure to thoroughly cleanse the nail plate etc before applying polish. Hope this helps but I'm sure you will get wiser answers than mine :p x

Do it after, it doesnt affect how long ot lasts and makes more sense to do it this way

When i do a manicure i soak then exfoliate each hand and wrap separately in towels unwrapping hand i eant to work on for cuticle work file and massage then re wrap whilst i do other hand. Then i clear table, scrubfresh and paint

I would imagine that she wont have as much wear and tear on a polish at that age so I wouldn't think it matters too much.

This is my manicure routine:

Sanitise
Cut and file one hand, apply cuticle softener and soak
Repeat on other hand
Cuticle work
Scrub
Massage
Paint

I think for best polish results always paint last x

I think given her age, health condition and lifestyle it would be best to soak first and apply Vinylux last. As someone else said, I doubt for her that longevity would be affected and if she remembers having manicures in the past this way will be familiar for her x

Latest posts

Back