Doing mini-manis at a PTA event next week...help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotnailz

Reaction score
I've volunteered myself to do mini manicures at a PTA Pamper Evening at my son's school next Wed. It shouldn't be too much of a problem but now the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to panic!!
There'll be about 80-100 ladies there and it'll last for 2 and a half hours. They're all getting a "goody bag" from the PTA with stuff we've all given - just things like business cards and things, nothing too fancy I don't think.
I've just got my insurance up and running from Prof Beauty, so that's sorted.

But what about timings? It usually takes me about 45 min for a full manicure. I was thinking of giving these just 15 or 20 mins, with 2 options.
  • A - File and shape, cuticle work, but no polish
  • B - File and shape, no cuticle work, and polish.
Also, should I pre-print a times sheet in 20 minute increments for ladies to come and put their names down for a particular time on the evening?

Am I making too much out of this or should I just go with the flow?:|
Any suggestions greatly received!

I'd go with the flow tbh, Im sure the 80-100 ladies attending will know that manicures cant be perfomed in 2 seconds flat.

If it were me then I'd offer 1 option and that would include shape the nail, quick cuticle work and polish, I'd get yourself some Solar Speedspray to fasten up the drying process!

Good luck xx

Hi no need to panic. I have done countless mini manis at events like these and even organised a few fund raisers along the way.

I usually print a time sheet out with 15 min slots on and display it on the table and then its first come first serve for whoever comes and writes their name down beside a time slot!
Dont try and include too much would be my advice, I usually just do a file and polish and if you have a uv gel lamp take it with you and when you finish a set just pop the nails under to help set the polish as you can guarantee that at events like these they will get smudged before they leave your table and you wont have time to fix them without getting stressed!
Good luck and I hope it all goes well..... its a fab way to advertise too.x:)

I did something similar at a charity event. Basically just shape, tidy and polish, and people just had to stand around and wait if they wanted it done. I didn't bother booking appointments up. Why not have some leaflets for people to look at while they're waiting?

we had a mini mani table at our pamper evening last year, the lady had a sheet with time slots on it, ladies had to 'book in' then she had few mins spare at end she did anyone who was around, she did file, shape, polish etc and everyone was really chuffed, she had her leaflets and info leaflets around for people to view while they waited, and also had some polishes and treatments that you could buy
HTHs hun

nicky x

I'd go with the flow tbh, Im sure the 80-100 ladies attending will know that manicures cant be perfomed in 2 seconds flat.

If it were me then I'd offer 1 option and that would include shape the nail, quick cuticle work and polish, I'd get yourself some Solar Speedspray to fasten up the drying process!

Good luck xx

I'm doing exactly this at the Councils' ladies day in October but they have set me 15 mins per client.

HTH Teri x:hug:

Thanks for your thought, girls!

Hayls and Hopi679, I got a huge bottle of Seche Vite from GMEX and will be using that for a topcoat as that dries really quickly!
Rouge and Nicky....don't have any leaflets made up but do have business cards which will be included in the goody bags. I suppose I could make some leaflets up myself and print them out, detailing the services I provide.
Don't have any retail products at the moment - also I'm not making any money from this (just advertising!) as i'm giving my time free of charge.
Teri, you're much more experienced than me - it'll take me longer than 15 mins...lol:green:

Thanks again. xx

I've done these type of events too!
I have to say I asked if they wanted polish or their natural nails buffing and most opted for natural, and were amazed how shiny their own nails could be!
I did the 15min slot time and they just came and put their name down, if it wasnt, then I'm afraid that it was too bad.
I did get quite a lot of business from it though, so it was well worth doing!
Good luck!
Tina x

Latest posts

Back