Doing my own Acrylic Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
some of you ought to learn some manners. ive just came on and asked a couple of questions and you all bight my head off. its upto me if i want to do my own nails, i only asked you all a couple of questions. i understand that i should do some training beforehand and its something i will look into, but theres no need to be so rude to me and speak to me like a peice of sh*t.

Thanks to the others who were nice enough to PM me with some tips. i appreciate the help :biggrin: x

I'm sorry if you feel attacked. This just isn't the correct forum for your query. Perhaps a DIY forum is better suited for your needs. But as a nail professional, it is my duty to caution you that you are putting your nail health in jeopardy. Take care and good luck to you.

You only need to look at the thousands of threads by professionals that have had training and are struggling to realise its not as easy as it looks, so with no training you wont likely do a great set.
Again, professionals who have had training and know how they should work to avoid over exposure still get it so if you are un trained it is very likely you will cause yourself problems and over expose yourself to product. When that happens it'll be no nails full stop.

You've had good advice to either go to a professional and pay for the service or get training, thats what I too would recommend.

I have to fully agree with chocolatepickle and the others here.
This is a professional Forum for professionals that support each other and help our industry to give the best they can do to you, the customer.
We do not encourage DIY and don't give out step by steps to DIY'rs either.
If you are really serious about nails then take a course, you will find there is a lot more involved then just sticking on a tip, applying the arcylic and buffing it to a shine. Nail Technicians in salons make it look easy because they have spent time and money training to get to a skill level that makes it look that way.
Sorry if you feel that you are not getting the help that you are asking for and think that we are not helpful, but this is not what this site is all about.
We are here to support the professionals not the DIY'rs.

So I hope you take the advise given and take a course, you never know you may just love it so much and become a fantastic Nail technician xxx

And on that note I will close the thread as it has been fully answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back