Domain name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natlaw

Reaction score
Hi I've finally decided on my new business name, both .co.uk and .com are available do I need to buy both? Xx

If its the name you want then yes i would buy both . Its not expensive
x

I agree - for what they cost, it's worth it. I've bought both mine, and the .com just sits in the virtual cupboard x

Yeah I snapped up both for mine :)

Congrats on deciding on your name, hope to hear about it soon x

I agree - for what they cost, it's worth it. I've bought both mine, and the .com just sits in the virtual cupboard x

I am not that 'techy' so not sure what you mean by virtual cupboard . If it is just dormant do you know that you can link to you co.uk name so that if they put that web addy( .com ) in it goes to your .co.uk site ?

Depending on how you wish to design your website (either using a web design website or having it written for you, you can have the two address linked so that if someone enters one of the urls's it will navigate to the same place. You may find websites like 123reg and 1&1 can be good, hope this helps xx

Thanks for that - I haven't linked them. I'll contact GoDaddy and find out what to do x

You can link them together, this is called a re-direct. If somebody types in .com, it will automatically direct you to your .co.uk site. This can be done in the cpanel or contact them if you are unsure.

Latest posts

Back