Done my first kids party and loved it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc333

Reaction score
Hi
I did my first kids party yesterday and I loved it.
I had 6 children (10 yr old average) and did file, polish, nail art and also did make up, body gems and glitter spray.
They were the best clients I've ever had, so excited and entusiastic about what I did.
In their party bags I also put a discount voucher for parents so fingers crossed that should work.
I have another one booked in 2 weeks so looking forward to it.

Well done hunny, good idea with the vouchers for parents too.

glad it all went well babe.:)

kc333 , good idea! Should keep it in mind :wink2:

I did a 13yr olds birthday party there were 5 of them and each had a facial and a manicure. It was good fun but by god was it bedlam.

thats a great idea well done

thats fab hun, hope you get loads of bookings x

Well done, & many more to come,

XX J XX

I rent a table in my friends hairdressers and she does childrens pamper partys, she asked me last week to help out, she did the hair and i did the nails and they loved it i could do that every day it was so much fun and so rewarding seeing there little faces light up when i had finished each one, wouldnt it be nice if the adults got so excited, ive only had 2 clients get excited about there nails and i was so happy about it i didnt want to charge them lol:hug: , i have another childrens party this wednesday i cant wait.

I did my first childrens party yesterday.......for my 5 year old!!!!!!!!

There was 8 of them aged between 4 and 7. Just as well the salon isn't open yet as it is now decorated in PVA glue and glitter!!!!:eek:

We had so much fun and the quietest part of the party was when I was painting their nails and putting some gems on.....they loved it. One of the other mum's is a hairdresser and she suggested that we should do childrens parties together.....me doing the nails and her doing the hair :lol: Sounds like fun to me!!

It was also the longest childrens party ever....almost 4 hours :eek:

Oh yeh definatly nikki the kids love all the pampering and we may as well get them hooked on doing things the right way from an early age, and they ask so many interesting questions, we have a kareoke machine for them to play with and a dancemat and two hairdressers trainee heads so they never get bored and we have as much fun as the kids lol

I find the kids parties are great, especially when you are just starting out. They are good little earners for a couple of hours work and you can reach all the parents by putting leaflets in the party bags. I have never known such enthusiasm from the girls and they have always been so well behaved. I have 3 children of my own and always used to do their birthday parties myself at home. When I did my first pamper party I had never known a kid's party to be so QUIET. They are all enthralled and busy choosing their enamels and glitters and watching their friends. I also do a colouring or drawing competition for those that are waiting.
I like the idea that we are given the opportunity to educate the girls when they are young about caring for their nails. A little bit of advice goes a long way when they are young. My favourite is capturing the nail biters and telling them the benefits of stopping.
I don't intend to just do parties- it wasn't the reason I spent hundreds on training but it does help out financialy and with advertising in the early stages.
Have you thought about doing small adult manicure parties? Get 4 ladies together in one hit for a small discount each and bottle of wine? If you can get them to rotate houses each fortnight or month then that works well as regular bulk bookings.

Thanks geeks. JellyBelly loving that idea, I haven't done any adults parties yet but I do advertise them on my website, I also offer hen parties.
I'm thinking of doing some more advertising in the area of adults and kids parties.
I'm doing a local business show this weekend so might get some flyers done up for that.

Latest posts

Back